S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

How do you like your DC SPORTS HEADER?

Old 06-15-2002, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like your DC SPORTS HEADER?

Is this something I should buy? What changes do you feel? Does Vtec hit harder or smoother??? Any comments PLEASE
Old 06-18-2002, 09:28 AM

people always rip on the dc header because it does not show significant top end gains on the dyno. but when i had it i was actually happy with it because of its midrange gains. vtec transition can no longer be felt because of the midrange boost. for 350 why not? oh yeah its almost half the weight of the stock one too
Old 06-18-2002, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shingles, Tims2k and myself have posted several comments when it first came out. Search, and you shall find. =)
Old 06-18-2002, 04:51 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...sports%20header

I asked the same question, I hear good things, but never anything negative. I bought a used DC Sports header for 200.00 used 6 months by a sponsor on this board, I also bought a used VAFC 200.00 from the same sponsor, both used on his car. He is going a different direction with car and sold them to me.

I am buying a used for (550.00) 4k miles duel exhaust by RM Racing off of someone that is going with speedcraft turbo and he is going with a 3" custom exhaust.

Once I get the DC header tomorrow, I will install it, later this week, I will personaly tell you if I like it or not, I am going to have mine jet coated to reduce heat under the engine, supposedly as much as 70%, but I don't know about that. I will get the RM Racing dual exhaust which was designed to pick up 3hp next week. I have AEM CAI now, once the header, exhaust, and VAFC are in, I am going to have the VAFC tunned and the whole set up DYNO's I haven't seen anyone dyno this set up, but it makes sense, air flow, breathing possibilities that are being combined. I am also thinking about having the Throttle body ported and re-bored by prowflowdesign.com, open up the entry of the intake and tappered down to the stock intake manifold lip.

12-14 lbs weight savings on the header and 24 lbs weight savings on the exhaust, this alone would be worth it, even if the numbers aren't increased, as long as I don't loose pwer and gain that is what it is about. 750.00 full SS header and cat back dual system, exhaust parts are designed to be used for a long time, used parts for 6 months don't scare me, so I will try them out.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:56 PM

are car isn't designed to pick up major horsepower by bolting on an exhaust, that is what I have read and came to realize, but loosing some weight off the car across the board is what is suppose to help acceleration, lighter fly wheel, big brake upgrades that also reduce weight, carbon fiber products, lighter wheels, propeller drive, removing the stock air box with a aem cai, that was major weight diff. I also cut out the fake vents with a dremel tool and put in aluminum mesh vents for increased air flow, now the car doesn't feel like it is having an asthma attack. I have nothing but positives to say about the aem cai.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:23 PM

I have the DC header and liked it. It's just ceramic coated and nothing special. I'm currently trying to sell it to anyone who wants it. $100 plus shipping. It's used but it works well... I'm going all Spoon so I sold all the parts off my car except the Toda Cams and the DC header.

It's a good header. My Vtec transition with it was VERY smooth. I never noticed it until I put the stock manifold on...

Chris
Old 06-18-2002, 08:04 PM

hey im interested in the header..
Old 06-18-2002, 10:34 PM

im interested in the header too.

chris
Old 06-18-2002, 11:06 PM

damn that is is a good deal. I picked up a used Stainless Steel DC sports header for 200.00.

I think that the transition into V-Tech is smoother because the header is ported to handle more exhaust flow, since the the cams are kicking in and the intake of more air is necessary for more combustion the exit flow is greater with the header. I notice a stall out feeling when V-Tech hits, not as much now that I have the AEM CAI. Just makes sense. Not rocket science.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:15 PM

Hams2000 -> You got PM!

Quick Reply: How do you like your DC SPORTS HEADER?