S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

PRODRIVE WITH SPLUSH HUB. upgrade

Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again I could be wrong with this whole thing, and I forget what MES stood for but I believe it is usually a 2 wire yellow female connector located somewhere under the dash. Try to enter MES into the search box on the top right corner of your screen and see what you find.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks i think your right... but its still not clear enough where or what wires to jump to..

hope someone can post a clear pics...

thanks
sean
Old 01-08-2008, 03:45 PM

OK, I will try this(it has been some time since I did mine):

The one plug grey I believe is for your cruise control, don't worry about it. Just tuck it neatly into the hub.

The black is the connector for your horn. Depends on you QR/ wheel, but it usually gets connected to a metal ring.

The yellow SRS is usually connected to the fuse that WB/Splash provides.
The other wires are to be used for your horn.

I had the battery disconnected when I did my install and had no issues...
I hope that helps

~Chris
Old 01-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cpoz,Jan 8 2008, 04:45 PM
OK, I will try this(it has been some time since I did mine):

The one plug grey I believe is for your cruise control, don't worry about it. Just tuck it neatly into the hub.

The black is the connector for your horn. Depends on you QR/ wheel, but it usually gets connected to a metal ring.

The yellow SRS is usually connected to the fuse that WB/Splash provides.
The other wires are to be used for your horn.

I had the battery disconnected when I did my install and had no issues...
I hope that helps

~Chris
thanks i did everything the same but maybe for some reason i must have trigger something to activate the srs to come on ......

now i guess i need to reset by doing the mes connector to reset the srs by turning on and off the key ...

my only problem is that
1. where do i get or how do i make the mes connector some people say just a paper clip will do but im a bit scared...

2. i have read the DIY on this but its still not quite clear enough on what part on the buttom of the steering wheel wire to jump...

i think thats it...

thanks
sean
Old 01-09-2008, 12:18 AM

never mind close this thread ..

just did this..

The SRS plug is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

Note:

If you don't have access to the service connector, simply go and buy a toggle switch, hook two wire's to it, and insert the wire's into the MES connector. Instead of having to pull the connector each time, simply use the toggle switch
Old 01-09-2008, 12:19 AM

btw i used a paperclip..
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 AM

glad to hear everything worked out for you