S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Question about SRS Light - Rebuilt S2000

Old 05-17-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it would trip an SRS light but different years had different part numbers for the modules/belts etc. If you have a bad tensioner, that place I told you about that resets the modules also resets the tensioners with a warranty etc. Usually your best bet is to send your own module/tensioners there rather than replacing so you know you have your correct stuff. My book shows that the module for 2006-2009 is different from the other years.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Italia
Not sure if it would trip an SRS light but different years had different part numbers for the modules/belts etc. If you have a bad tensioner, that place I told you about that resets the modules also resets the tensioners with a warranty etc. Usually your best bet is to send your own module/tensioners there rather than replacing so you know you have your correct stuff. My book shows that the module for 2006-2009 is different from the other years.
This may sound extremely noobish.. I just Googled what a pre-tensioner is and it's the part that the seat belt buckles into? If you're in an accident, that part can get damaged too? The seats I bought off of Ebay were probably in an accident and I didn't know anything else needed to be done with them.

So for the pre-tensioner.. where does that part plug into? Is that one of the connectors in the ground or does it connect to that SRS unit under the passenger seat?
Old 05-18-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Krialis
This may sound extremely noobish.. I just Googled what a pre-tensioner is and it's the part that the seat belt buckles into? If you're in an accident, that part can get damaged too? The seats I bought off of Ebay were probably in an accident and I didn't know anything else needed to be done with them.

So for the pre-tensioner.. where does that part plug into? Is that one of the connectors in the ground or does it connect to that SRS unit under the passenger seat?

I don't remember the s2000 having a pretension in the buckle but I may be wrong. For sure the RSX has them, the buckle will look like an accordion underneath and when you get into an accident it shrivels up. If the buckles have a pre tensioner they should plug in somewhere under the seat.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Being you have an '06+ and replaced the seats with the rails, you will need to have the sensors/module calibrated to make the SRS system happy. I went down this road when I installed '00-05 seats in MY06 and tried to use a passenger seat rail with sensors from another S2000. I believe only the dealers have the ability to calibrate the weight sensors with the module, plug and play does not apply in this case. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
Being you have an '06+ and replaced the seats with the rails, you will need to have the sensors/module calibrated to make the SRS system happy. I went down this road when I installed '00-05 seats in MY06 and tried to use a passenger seat rail with sensors from another S2000. I believe only the dealers have the ability to calibrate the weight sensors with the module, plug and play does not apply in this case. Good luck.
Oh dang, really??

I mean they are seats from an 07 so they do have the module.. But you're saying the module needs to get recalibrated? I purchased the seat as a whole so they are using the same rails that were stock.
If I do need to bring it to a dealer, I'm going to need to get it towed. No plates yet :-/
Old 05-21-2017, 01:29 PM

Would the drivers side matter at all? What is the connector under the drivers seat? It's currently not plugged in but I'm not sure if that's just the rail.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would the drivers side matter at all? What is the connector under the drivers seat? It's currently not plugged in but I'm not sure if that's just the rail.
That plug is for your seatbelt buckle. If not plugged in will trigger SRS light on dash.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by dakao
That plug is for your seatbelt buckle. If not plugged in will trigger SRS light on dash.
Hmm I wonder if that would be it.
The only down side is my connector is different. The connector for the drivers side isn't the same as what is on the seat. Under the seat, the connector is pretty much an open circle vs the seat I have, which has 2 small circles but doesn't fit in. I'll take a picture today of them.

Does the CR have a different buckle connector than the Base? Or could there possibly be an older buckle on that seat?
Old 05-22-2017, 03:48 PM

Ok that connector looks to be the rail. The seat belt buckle was attached. Would the rail give off an srs code??
Old 05-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

You will get an SRS light because you installed a different seat rail on the passenger side and the weight sensors are not calibrated to the module, not sure about the second plug on the driver rail as it seems to be a flag type sensor system.

Quick Reply: Question about SRS Light - Rebuilt S2000