Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > S2000 Under The Hood
Reload this Page >

Random Misfire, rough idle, & bog - Need help?

S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Random Misfire, rough idle, & bog - Need help?

Old 05-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v10killer View Post
Fuel injectors or valve adjustment. I had the same issue and ordered a set of oem injectors from ballade sports and fixed my problem. They were the cheapest seller for OEM. I would check valve clearances first. With your milage this will be one of these two.
Did injectors(ebay), coil packs, spark plugs are new, valve adjustment(they weren't that far off from spec), fuel filter.....same bog issue in all gears. Once the rpms get up there the car drives normal. My next replacement is FPR...I also wonder if it could be TPS. I feel like the fact that car drives normal at higher rpms leads me to believe it's not the injectors but I could be wrong.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you connected an OBD2 reader to check your fuel trims? I had a bogging issue from low RPMs and turned out to be the injectors. No codes ever set.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by fatjoe10 View Post
Have you connected an OBD2 reader to check your fuel trims? I had a bogging issue from low RPMs and turned out to be the injectors. No codes ever set.
Yeah the only codes I have ever gotten were misfire in cylinder 4 & then random misfire. Oddly enough the bogging issue didn't start until I put the ebay fuel injectors in, so I wonder if they are the issue. I have rigged up some tubing & got the wires to connect each injector to the battery & then have them spray carb cleaner through. This way I can see the spray & the fluid should clean them out if that is an issue(although seafoam did not work in the gas tank). I tested each of my old injectors with my voltage meter & all seems right.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When I had my injector issue, my fuel trims were pretty high even at idle (+50%). Check that before you disassemble anything
Old 05-08-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by project2k4 View Post
Did injectors(ebay), coil packs, spark plugs are new, valve adjustment(they weren't that far off from spec), fuel filter.....same bog issue in all gears. Once the rpms get up there the car drives normal. My next replacement is FPR...I also wonder if it could be TPS. I feel like the fact that car drives normal at higher rpms leads me to believe it's not the injectors but I could be wrong.

I tried the ebay injectors as well as the autozone injectors. Problem wasn't fixed until I bought the oem injectors.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by v10killer View Post
I tried the ebay injectors as well as the autozone injectors. Problem wasn't fixed until I bought the oem injectors.
They were OEM injectors just sold on ebay bc as you know Honda no longer makes new OEM parts. The thing is, this bog issue has only occurred since i put those injectors in, so I am doing a DIY fuel injector cleaning using tubing, carb cleaner, & pulsing on a car battery to see what the spray looks like & hopefully improve it. I will then put the old injectors back on the car & see if it fixes the bog issue. While the car threw misfire codes with these old injectors it was at least driveable. If the bog issue persists I will do FPR. I just don't see how the FPR was fine & then goes bad when I put in new injectors. Unless somehow those injectors broke the FPR, but idk if that is possible & if it was, would mean the injectors are bad. I've gone down the list of everything & logic would dictate putting the old injectors in & seeing if they are the main issue.