S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

s2k grounding kit

Old 05-23-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default s2k grounding kit

So I was reading some articles and I've read that changing your ground wires etc can grant you more power. I was just wondering if anyone out there as acutally done this, and if it really does make a difference? also what kit did you use

lmk, thanks
david
Old 05-23-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda motors are already grounded pretty well it may make it so the lights dont dim/flicker when you turn on the stereo or accessories, but it will not net you much if anything in the power department
Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Search really is your friend. It has been bashed to death ad infinitum.

In summary, if you have a bad earth, fix it. If you don't, a bunch of wires strewn around the car will not make any difference so matter what brand name is printed on them.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 1,275 Likes on 778 Posts

Just need to add here about grounding kits.

Biggest crock of crap going
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 295 Likes on 274 Posts

Grounding kits are the Miracle milage carburetors from 20 years ago. And just as effective.

Grounding kit = JUNK
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya but, the pretty lights look cool

If you had an old Chevy or Ford it would and dose help to add a good ground wire or two but, on this car it is a bling thing Chicks dig the pretty blue lights
Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slows2k,May 23 2007, 06:10 PM
Grounding kits are the Miracle milage carburetors from 20 years ago. And just as effective.

Grounding kit = JUNK
depends what type of car you talking about, one of my shop manager had a problem with a customer's english roadster, they never find out what caused it until they lift up the car after a hot lap. the grounding cable was glowing and that was the problem.

does it work in our car? no, i tried two different set and it's all rubbish.

just for the record, it didn't do a jack in term or power, accerlration, electric current, noise in my radio, mileage and all it did was lighten my wallet.

the first one was free consider i made those with left over thick gauge amp wire from the previous amp installation. the second kit was less than 10 dollar brand new
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 295 Likes on 274 Posts

You have proven the only way a grounding kit does anything. English roadsters are not well known for having anything in the electrical system reliable and trouble free. You know why the english drink warm beer? Lucas built the refrigerators.

Only cars with insufficient grounds will benefit, because the car already has a problem.

The claims made my grounding kit manufacturers, parts whores and the JDM foolish are not based in electrical fact.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm all for a good healthy electrical system, but that doesn't warrant spending big bucks on a bunch of wire with a brand name on it. If you find your earth lead is defective or inadequate (and that's no surprise on an old british sports car) replace it with good copper wire. Having 'Fork' or 'Mugging' on it doesn't make it conduct any better.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slows2k,May 23 2007, 08:45 PM
You have proven the only way a grounding kit does anything. English roadsters are not well known for having anything in the electrical system reliable and trouble free. You know why the english drink warm beer? Lucas built the refrigerators.

Only cars with insufficient grounds will benefit, because the car already has a problem.

The claims made my grounding kit manufacturers, parts whores and the JDM foolish are not based in electrical fact.
of course, i am with you on this one.

it was funny watching the manager running around and not knowing what caused it. we know it's a electrical related issue but we can't find it once the car been "cool down" or sitting for a while. no one wants to dig inside the bay(it was a ground neat the manifold, if i remember it right) while the car was hot and running, by the time it's back to workable temperature the wires change back the orginal state.

fun time

Quick Reply: s2k grounding kit