S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

"shuddering" clutch feel with new clutch and flywheel

Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "shuddering" clutch feel with new clutch and flywheel

Hey guys,

so I just got my clutch replaced and got a lightened 10lb flywheel, it was much needed because my original clutch was extremely stiff and felt like a leg workout whenever shifting.

With the new clutch and flywheel setup I just started noticing that as I press and depress the clutch pedal there is an area in the middle where I feel a "shudder" or vibration as if there is some sort of gunk caught in the pedal (of course there isn't) and it's not a crazy vibration just something you would notice when driving.

The more annoying and pressing matter is whenever I accelerate from a stop if I rev past 2k and start releasing the clutch pedal the car shakes as if it were about to stall, it doesn't matter if I give it more gas, BUT when I accelerate below 2k its smooth as butter and catches. Throughout gears 1-3 I feel more of the "shudder" when I shift but it gets better when I'm at going through 4-6.

My car just hit 100k and that's why I decided to change everything to bring some new life to the car but I'm worried that there may be an issue with my transmission now

Any input would be great! I'm taking the car back to the shop on monday if this problem persists.

Does the new clutch have to break in? I didn't go vtec at all or even go past 6k since I got the clutch installed.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:02 AM

Received 1,264 Likes on 956 Posts

Honda genuine clutch? Or...?

And did you change the release bearing sleeve? You always should, with a clutch change. If this warps or barrels out, the throw out bearing won't travel smoothly.

What type of grease did you use? Honda urea grease works best. Anti sieze is a huge mistake.