S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Weird window issue

Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird window issue

I occasionally get this issue with my passenger side window.
I am unable to roll up the windows with the driver side or passenger side switches.
But when I used both switches at the same time... then it will roll up.
How weird is that?
What can be causing this?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, this is the stupidest possible counter-question, so I'll ask it first just to get it out of the way:

On the driver's armrest, there's an on-off switch that controls the ability to roll the passenger window up and down. Have you made sure that this switch is in the ON position when you experience this issue? Could it be possible that the attempt to use both switches to roll up the passenger window causes you to also hit the on/off switch as well?

Once the stupid question is out of the way, I might theorize that a ground wire for the passenger-side motor is loose and if you run the driver's side motor, it's finding a ground through the driver's side motor and using that in order to operate. Without an electrical troubleshooting manual, that's just a wild-assed guess, however.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Krenath,Jan 8 2007, 11:57 AM
Okay, this is the stupidest possible counter-question, so I'll ask it first just to get it out of the way:

On the driver's armrest, there's an on-off switch that controls the ability to roll the passenger window up and down. Have you made sure that this switch is in the ON position when you experience this issue? Could it be possible that the attempt to use both switches to roll up the passenger window causes you to also hit the on/off switch as well?

Once the stupid question is out of the way, I might theorize that a ground wire for the passenger-side motor is loose and if you run the driver's side motor, it's finding a ground through the driver's side motor and using that in order to operate. Without an electrical troubleshooting manual, that's just a wild-assed guess, however.
Thanks for the reply

and Yes I am sure that that switch is on.
That's the 1st thing I checked when this issue started.

When I try to roll up the passenger window with the passenger switch it will not work.
When combining the switch together then it will work.
It's seems like it doesn't have enough power or something and need the other sides help.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 AM

There is a bulletin about replacing the window regulator, that is where the ground is. It calls for the drivers window only rolling down 3-4 inches with the automatic switch, I don't know if it has anything to do with you're situation.
bulletin#01-008
Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 PM

i have the same problem. the driver window works fine. the passenger window only rolls down from the driver control, and will only roll up if both driver and passenger roll up together. can anyone help?