S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Your opinion on UTH content please!

Old 11-08-2004, 09:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Your opinion on UTH content please!

Please note this thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247214
In spite of this, we are still getting a lot of threads that I'm moving out of here. Not making any promises but I'd like to know what the general UTH poster thinks about what should and should not be posted in here.
I can tell you that I'm keeping close tabs on the "Technical" section and moving anything out of there that will "dilute" it's intent. I want to keep it more of a "library" of information that can be referenced and not for general questions.
However, in the main UTH section, should we allow a more diversified content? Or would "diluting" it with the stuff I posted about in the above thread cause UTH to be much less meaningful? Would it fill this forum full of garbage?
Although comments from "newbies" are welcome, I'm more interested in input from those who frequent this forum a lot and who have been around for a while as they are more likely to be familiar with the set-up and the intent.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the "what not to post" thread. Keeping this forum tidy is a great help when searching and just makes reading easier.

Perhaps we need a "Mods" forum to gather all the mod talk into one place?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this forum needs to stay organized. You are doing a great job X.
The UTH should stay as a technical discussion section of s2ki.
If you broaden what can be posted here then imo the section will get too crazy.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep the clutter down - and please keep doing your excellent job as moderator.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:10 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lycean,Nov 9 2004, 02:05 AM
Perhaps we need a "Mods" forum to gather all the mod talk into one place?
This idea noted. Will chew on this.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U know how I feel.....
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247559

It is a shame, UTH used to be a source where I would learn from people like UL, now a days its just a place where babies cry cause their mechanic installed something wrong......Fine I understand that they have a right to complain but how is this technical? Shouldn
Old 11-09-2004, 06:42 AM

There seems to be a serious brain drain in the S2000 community these days. Personally I have lost interest in coming here and commenting on various items because it has become the same stuff over and over. There no longer seems to be a drive among the community to achieve higher goals, etc. I kind of do my own thing these days... oh well!! I am not sure what we can do to remedy this, unfortunatly... < / rant >
Old 11-09-2004, 06:50 AM

I agree with your intent, as stated in your original post. You're doing a great job - keep it up.

Denis
Old 11-09-2004, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Nov 9 2004, 06:57 AM
Keep the clutter down - and please keep doing your excellent job as moderator.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:49 PM

So when I think of UTH I think of really three things that should be here.

Number one.

Installs, DIY, pictures and descriptions of the process.

Number two.

Diagnostic. Basically my car is doing X has this happened before. Problem with this one though is that the same problems keep coming up over and over again. No one is searching(partially because search sucks). The other problem that occurs is insufficient diagnostic information. People say, my car rattles.....well where, how much, how long, frequency, etc? People don't post enough to be useful sometimes.

Number three(and final)

Interesting technical discussions. This one is a pure judgment call. Personally I'm 100% against any thread that say's "what do you think about product X". That should be in s2000 talk. However if you ask "What are the technical merits of product X. I think that it has the following benefits. What do you think?", I think that can be hear because it may spawn an interesting technical discussion. Also technical reviews belong here.

Basically if you're asking about X it should be in sa2k talk. However if you're asking about the technical merits of X then it belongs here.

Honestly I think there is some benefit to really cracking down on the threads here. Why? The more questionable threads you allow the more you get. Hold a hard line on them until things clean up a bit. That way you'll get less garbage.

Just MHO

Quick Reply: Your opinion on UTH content please!