S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Concert and Shows Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Just got tix for an April concert - a Queen cover band at a local theatre that always has great shows. We've seen covers for Led Zeppelin, the Stones and AC/DC there. All fantastic! And you can reserve a table to sit up front and have dinner, too. A really cool venue.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

That sounds super cool!
Old 02-20-2018, 02:51 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I need to get to more shows.

Saw George Thorogood last year. Was a good show

Saw Clutch and Primus last fall at the outdoor Ampitheater in Mankato Mn. That rocked.I saw Clutch in 1995 but had not seen Primus live. They both rocked and the venue was cool.

Saw Agent Orange recently. Was super cool seeing them live. Saw them in a small club.

Primus is coming back in June, but with Mastodon... got sick of Mastodon in a few songs when I listened to their album, but may be worth it to see Primus again

Old 02-21-2018, 06:24 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Friday we will be seeing AWOLnation. Late April-Cape May Jazz Fest Chris Botti, and 4 other headliners, and a weekend great music in most of the beach bars (all national acts). May brings Pink. And Aug is ELO. July and Aug brings singer/songwriters to the shore with Rootstock https://hawkhavenvineyard.com/events/rootstock/

Had not been to many shows for quite a while, but caught the bug again, with music at the beach and Roger Waters.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:45 AM

Saw Chris Botti some years ago at a Wolftrap jazzfest. Also George Thorogood at Wolftrap. Both very good. As for Pink, saw her a year ago at the Phone Booth (now Capital One Arena) - absolutely fabulous! She is right up there on my top concerts list.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Got tix recently for an event at the KenCen in Mar. It will be a show performed by my former highschool classmate Linda Benanti and her daughter Laura. Both have beautiful voices and have performed on Broadway. Linda has been a voice coach for many years. Laura has won a Tony. She has also been on television. She is famous these days for her impression of Melania Trump on The Late Show. Hoping to meet up with them for dinner or something, also.
Here's a recent writeup about my friend Linda and her daughter. We are seeing them in concert Fri evening at the Kennedy Center. And going backstage after the performance. That will be fun!

"Linda Benanti, an accomplished actress and singer who performed on Broadway, off Broadway and regionally, gave birth to Laura Benanti in 1979. In order to dedicate more time to being a hands-on mother, Linda transitioned out of performing and has been a highly sought-after voice teacher with a flourishing studio in Kinnelon, NJ for the past 35 years. Linda's last professional performance was in the 1981 revival of Brigadoon. The Story Goes On will mark Linda's return to the stage. Linda is devoted to her husband, Sal Benanti and daughters Laura and Marielle. Linda is a graduate of the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.

Laura Benanti is a Tony Award Winning actress who began her Broadway career at the age of 18, starring opposite Richard Chamberlain in The Sound of Music. Since then, Laura has appeared in 9 Broadway shows (including Gypsy and She Loves Me), been nominated for 5 Tony Awards (winning for Gypsy), and continues to having a flourishing television career. Recent TV appearances include "The Detour" (current series regular), "Nashville," "Supergirl," "The Good Wife" and frequent appearances as Melania Trump on "Late Night with Stephen Colbert." Laura began studying voice with her mother as a young child, and is absolutely THRILLED that she has agreed to return to the stage in this musical celebration of family."
Old 03-10-2018, 01:49 AM

^ The show was fantastic! Both have beautiful voices and were very funny. Go to YouTube to see Laura's impressions of Melania. Priceless!! Had a great time backstage and saw a couple more classmates who missed the reunion last Oct.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 AM

Just got tix to Joan Baez' farewell tour for Sept. Yay!! I saw her many years ago. What a voice.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Well Pink was last night. I am not much of a fan but plus one loves her. That said, wow, it was somewhere between a Cirque show, a Broadway production, and a really good concert. All-in-all amazingly well done.

Nets week is Jazzfest, here's the line up Exit Zero Jazz Festival ~ Cape May ~ 4/20 - 4/22, 2018
Old 04-14-2018, 03:57 AM

^ Yeah, fantastic show!! Tonight is Almost Queen. I'm taking my earplugs just in case. Some of the concerts we've been to are really, really loud!

Quick Reply: The Concert and Shows Thread