S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

coronavirus-not-beer II

Old 04-21-2020, 04:36 AM

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Lots of people say lots of stupid things online when they think they have anonymity. There are exceptions of course, but if it were face to face, the stupidity would be a lot lower, or at least unexpressed. Many people are cowards. But I don't believe anyone wants his or her parents or grandparents to die alone in a nursing facility. And if s/he doesn't care, that is a much bigger problem. To lighten things up a bit, at least the grandma who held up the sign from her room saying "Need More Beer" got some more - a lot more!!
Old 04-21-2020, 07:18 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Since I focused on restaurants and sports venues previously, I will give another prediction. Restaurants (the ones that survive) in the future will be mainly carryout with reduced seating. Also, sports and concert venues will reopen, but not until 2022. And by then, who knows whether all the teams will be solvent or musical acts, etc will be able or willing to tour.
I think they will all be like they were before the plague but with the addition of some masks and gloves and distancing and it will happen much sooner than 2022.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:44 AM

^ You mean everyone in a stadium wearing masks and gloves? I don't see how that is going to work. Even if they are required to have them on when entering, how will keeping them on be enforced? After some start knocking back a few beers (assuming beer is still sold), those things are coming off. I predict chaos, especially in cities where the fans are known to be rowdy.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, literally and figuratively.

Last edited by MsPerky; 04-21-2020 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:02 AM

^ And one other thought. How do you ensure that all those stadium workers are negative? How often do you test them to be sure they are? Just too many moving parts in the absence of widespread testing and a vaccine in use on a nationwide basis. OK, I'm done now.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:15 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Call on Dr. Death.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:24 AM

Received 1,245 Likes on 955 Posts

So before this started, I was at the doctor for a sinus infection. Since I felt feverish, I wore the masks they always hand out at the doctors office (big signs all over saying if you think you may have the flu or have a fever/cough, wear a mask!).When the nurse took me back, he thanked me for actually wearing the mask over my mouth and nose, since some just took them and ended up having them up on their forehead like sunglasses (aka only going through part of the motions while in front of the person checking them in). Also, saw two women in the waiting area hacking up lungs that had just laid their masks down next to them.

So while I think some will take this stuff more seriously after this pandemic, I have no faith in most people following the rules. You would have a stadium full of people, half of which with no masks, or masks stuffed in their pockets. Then add typical sports tension and alcohol and eventually have you people fighting over wearing/not wearing masks ....
Old 04-21-2020, 08:30 AM

Received 1,245 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
That is sad and malicious. One comment I heard was who cares about the old people in nursing homes. They are going to die soon anyway. Awful things to say. What if they had a loved one in prison or a nursing home.
Well, there are young assholes calling this the "boomer remover" so yeah.. forget their parents or grandparents are boomers .... There is a severe level of asshole in this world. But as mentioned in another post, most of those bigmouths on the internet are little pansies getting out their aggressions while hiding behind a keyboard. I know a couple of people like that and they always have only nice happy things to say to me when within arms reach I have found the bigger the e-mouth, the smaller the proverbial balls .....
Old 04-21-2020, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by engifineer
So before this started, I was at the doctor for a sinus infection. Since I felt feverish, I wore the masks they always hand out at the doctors office (big signs all over saying if you think you may have the flu or have a fever/cough, wear a mask!).When the nurse took me back, he thanked me for actually wearing the mask over my mouth and nose, since some just took them and ended up having them up on their forehead like sunglasses (aka only going through part of the motions while in front of the person checking them in). Also, saw two women in the waiting area hacking up lungs that had just laid their masks down next to them.

So while I think some will take this stuff more seriously after this pandemic, I have no faith in most people following the rules. You would have a stadium full of people, half of which with no masks, or masks stuffed in their pockets. Then add typical sports tension and alcohol and eventually have you people fighting over wearing/not wearing masks ....
I rest my case.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:48 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

I won't be going to any sports events or crowed places until I have been vaccinated. Will I get on an airplane? IDK.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:55 AM

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Crowds aren't our thing so we're OK at continuing to avoid them.
MA governor just announced schools will be closed for the remaining of the school year. Sad, but necessary. We are just in the peak now. A long way to go.

Quick Reply: coronavirus-not-beer II