S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Crossover SUV Search

Old 10-15-2017, 07:49 PM

Received 5,030 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
OK, I guess if your wife will daily drive it is women's clothing. I've not been following the steering wheels issue. Finger-less or fingertip-less driving gloves work for me to avoid hand fatigue and I don't have to hang onto the steering wheel as tightly. Very sporty as well. Perhaps you can match them to the exterior color?
-- Chuck
I've no idea why you think a Honda CR-V is women's clothing but that's your issue, not mine. In fact your comment made me think of a review written in the Detroit News by an auto critic who also races weekends. "Honda’s remarkably taut chassis is based on the same platform as the Audi A3-baselined Civic play-toy that has motorheads drooling. How serious is Honda about SUV handling? CR-V project leader Nagadome’s first job at Honda was body engineering for the NSX supercar. It shows. Throw the Honda into a 90-degree right-hander and it bites. Even the CR-V’s safety system freaked at the speeds I was taking corners: the auto-brake assist flashed “BRAKE” in the instrument panel as I hurtled into one ess turn." I guess no one told him he was driving women's clothing!

Whenever its cool enough I wear English gentlemen's sporting webbed driving gloves in the MG and they work very well when I'm driving the crap out of it as well. Actually they came up in my discussion with the fabricator, so I'd already thought of using them if it comes to that.

Last edited by dlq04; 10-15-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morris
Buy one of those PVC pipe repair kits. You wrap it around the steering wheel, wet it and wait for it to dry. You could squeeze it with your hand before it dried to make it fit your hand any shape you wanted.
Of course it would be butt ugly. Maybe you could paint it to help its looks.
Dean, the idea is to make the steering less thick, not more thick! It's the thickness that's the issue.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:18 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Any car where the deciding consideration is color and how the wheels look is like buying woman's clothing. The Honda CR-V is certainly gay though. As are all so-called crossdressers crossovers. They ain't SUVs. They're station wagons (estates for our UK friends).

Find a car you can drive. Color and wheels are unimportant.

-- Chuck

Last edited by Chuck S; 10-16-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:36 AM

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Any car where the deciding consideration is color and how the wheels look is like buying woman's clothing. The Honda CR-V is certainly gay though. As are all so-called crossdressers crossovers. They ain't SUVs. They're station wagons (estates for our UK friends).

Find a car you can drive. Color and wheels are unimportant.

-- Chuck
You know what? You can be a real D___!
The following users liked this post:
SheDrivesIt (09-04-2018)
Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 AM

Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I've no idea why you think a Honda CR-V is women's clothing but that's your issue, not mine. In fact your comment made me think of a review written in the Detroit News by an auto critic who also races weekends. "Honda’s remarkably taut chassis is based on the same platform as the Audi A3-baselined Civic play-toy that has motorheads drooling. How serious is Honda about SUV handling? CR-V project leader Nagadome’s first job at Honda was body engineering for the NSX supercar. It shows. Throw the Honda into a 90-degree right-hander and it bites. Even the CR-V’s safety system freaked at the speeds I was taking corners: the auto-brake assist flashed “BRAKE” in the instrument panel as I hurtled into one ess turn." I guess no one told him he was driving women's clothing!

Whenever its cool enough I wear English gentlemen's sporting webbed driving gloves in the MG and they work very well when I'm driving the crap out of it as well. Actually they came up in my discussion with the fabricator, so I'd already thought of using them if it comes to that.
Dave, reminds me of the early days of the "not proper" sports car, the S2000. I think Rob will attest that his car got little love at the "All Iron" car show, you know it's not fast in a straight line, right. You know that little Honda isn't a Corvette, it's not a real car. Or maybe, it's like the first Civics, Accords, and Preludes. Not really proper cars, those. I guess I'll just keep driving women's clothes, hey who doesn't like a good negligee.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Just put him on your ignore list, and then the only time you see his posts is when someone else reposts them.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:20 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Dave, sorry my ugly idea was backwards. Next stupid suggestion would be for you to take steroids so your hands will grow. OK shutting up now......

ps remember in the old days (like your MG) when you took one nut off the center of the steering wheel and replaced the wheel with a fancy looking, racy one?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Morris
Dave, sorry my ugly idea was backwards. Next stupid suggestion would be for you to take steroids so your hands will grow. OK shutting up now......

ps remember in the old days (like your MG) when you took one nut off the center of the steering wheel and replaced the wheel with a fancy looking, racy one?
Sure do; just did that in 2009.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
I don't let comments like that bother me.

It's like macho comments that a Miata is a hair dresser's car or whatever. Put one of those commenters in a Miata passenger's seat at the race track with a good driver and Mr Macho would be spilling his cookies before the end of the first lap.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Dave, are you looking at strictly new, or is CPO an option?

Quick Reply: Crossover SUV Search