S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Fall Cleanup

Old 11-01-2003, 01:18 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I hadn't washed the S since we got home from Fall Colors. It was filthy. Of course, filthy for the S is spotless for the other cars, but it needed a bath. Adam and I were on our way out when E.W.A. stopped us. In case we'd forgotten, she said, the leaves have to be raked up.

Last night had been an especially tough one in Vintage, and I needed an excuse to be away from it for a while. Also, I've learned long ago that when E.W.A. asks for something the smart thing is to do it. So out to the leaves we went.

I love living in the Northeast except when we have to do the fall cleanup. We have a big (1.9 acres) property and it is wooded. I usually like that too except when we have to do fall cleanup. As you can see we had our work cut out for us. Those were taken after the cleanup was done.

My older son Andrew drove the tractor with the sweeper
E.W.A. directed and raked
Adam cleaned the driveway Adam cleaning the driveway.jpg/PHOTO]
and I manned the blower . If ever there was a device that should not have been invented, it is the blower. Noisy, heavy and smelly.
About 4 hours later we were done

Actually, it was a very good thing to do. It gave me time to reflect on everything that had happened yesterday and to realize just how special this forum and all of you really are.

After that, Adam and I washed the S.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics Rob, you have a beautiful lot!
After tomorrow's final autox of the year, my S2000 will be getting an oil change and it's final wash of the year then into storage....it won't come out until March/April '04 ....
Old 11-01-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh btw...try drying the S with the leaf blower...Xviper put me on to that one and it's the only way I dry the car now ...
Old 11-01-2003, 01:47 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Beautiful place, Rob. I kinda miss my house on the lake sometimes, but I love living so close to the city. Glad you got the cobwebs out of your head...
Old 11-01-2003, 03:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

How come you call the missus "E.W.A."
Old 11-01-2003, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have things calmed down in our forum, yet? It was getting rather heated last night.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:45 PM

Thank you everyone. It is a nice place. E.W.A. and I lucked out when we bought it. It was built but the original buyer couldn't get a mortgage so we were able to buy it. We got many extras. The only thing I'd change is the garage. I'd opt for a three car so that my 4Runner could sleep indoors.

Marco

The lot is interesting. We are the last lot in our development and we are narrow and deep as opposed to wide and shallow like the others. The builder thought that this would be a problem lot to sell and lowered the price. We and everyone who sees it think its great. The house sits about 125 feet from the street. We love that.

Dave

E.W.A. is Elizabeth Wong Alper. I've always found it faster to use her initials instead of her full name when writing or typing. My father is Elliot Alper so he has always been E.A. Thus my lady is lovingly referred to as E.W.A.

Bob

Things have calmed down. We will grin and bare it. Non of us like the fact that we are being put in the clubs section and thus harder to find but it is their playground and they make the rules. None of us like the treatment that we received but this forum and all of us are more important, so for now we will turn the other cheek, shrug our shoulders and carry on.

Deb

The cobwebs are gone, but not forgotten. Its time to carry on.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:05 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Hmmmm, looks like the perfect driveway for a looooo oooong line of S2000 at the Alper Vintage S2000 gathering...how about mid-December

<=I was saving this for the site admin...could not wait to use it...sorry

We have about 10 Tulip Poplar trees (80'-100' high ) on our side lot...but they have not yet dropped many leaves.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paS2K
http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/image...geview/90250/6/
Old 11-01-2003, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paS2K
We have about 10 Tulip Poplar trees

Quick Reply: Fall Cleanup