S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Foods you love to cook and/or eat

Old 07-02-2022, 01:05 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I was able to pick a good-sized bowl of mulberries this afternoon. I suspect they may be around for a few more days, I get all the low ones and the birds get the higher ones. At least I get some to taste , unlike our cherry tree where the birds completely rape it. I've got some nice peaches on our peach tree thus far but the squirrels have been seen in the vicinity trying to get them too. It's a battle with nature to get some fruit off my trees.

The following users liked this post:
valentine (07-03-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 01:30 PM

Received 3,668 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
When I use to snow ski everyone else would head in for something hot while I would head for something ice cold!
For après ski nothing beats Korean kapdol babinbop (craploads of spellings) . https://www.ctinsider.com/connecticu...l-17039471.php
I've had a veggie version nd a beef version.
The cast iron atone bowl is heated in the oven so the rice caramelizes in front of you. The heat radiates off the bowl
so good. sometimes it's a raw egg which cooks in front of you or a cooked egg.

zeroptzero (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 06:31 PM

Received 5,245 Likes on 3,138 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Those look great, Zero!
Robb, I threw caution to the wind and ignored all healthy foods and had a couple clam cakes at lunch today. A little seafood "shack" has opened on the pier in New Bedford. They weren't bad. Not too greasy, and didn't feel like a lead sinker in my stomach. Some fried shrimp too. Back to the gym tomorrow!!
Whale's Tail
I'd love to live close to real seafood shacks! This is where we ate last night. Very good food and $5.50 for a Black Russian!
https://boneheadsinc.com
The following 2 users liked this post by dlq04:
Lainey (07-03-2022), zeroptzero (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 03:18 AM

Received 764 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Not a drop! I love the smell of fresh ground beans and the smell of fresh brewed coffee but I don’t like the taste. Also I rarely drink anything that is hot!
I cannot imagine life without coffee. I'd drink it all day if it didn't keep me awake at night. My first cup or two has to be plain and back (Lungos) and then I can move on to cappuccino or macchiato. After breakfast I like an espresso and I'm finished with coffee for the day. My favorite kitchen appliance is my nespresso machine.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by valentine
I cannot imagine life without coffee. I'd drink it all day if it didn't keep me awake at night. My first cup or two has to be plain and back (Lungos) and then I can move on to cappuccino or macchiato. After breakfast I like an espresso and I'm finished with coffee for the day. My favorite kitchen appliance is my nespresso machine.
That sounds so good right about now. I haven't had coffee yet this morning. I do have to watch my caffeine intake after 1 pm though, so I can sleep at night. Coffee is a bit of a hobby of mine.

My wife refused to drink coffee for the first 50 years of her life, but then I made her a cappuccino at home and now she wants them all the time, lol. I grind my own beans, and I have a pretty good espresso machine setup (semi-auto). The machines are a bit slow to heat up with all of their metal internals, and they are a bit messy as you can see lol. We only tend to use them on weekends when we have time to wait for the machine to heat up, I do have a french press that I use for quick american style coffees, that works good too.

I used to collect Italian espresso machines. I also collect Italian porcelain espresso & cappuccino cups. I've sold off some of my machines and grinders in the last year to free up some storage space in the kitchen. I am down to just one grinder and espresso machine now. I still have a ton of cups (over 100). Italy used to have a handful of artisan companies that made fine porcelain cups , family businesses that were 100+ years old. They have dwindled in numbers in recent years like all good things seem to do these days. I like collecting them when I can find them.

valentine (07-04-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 01:39 PM

The birds got to my cherry tree once again this year, so no cherries for us. I don't see much local cherries yet either. But I just bought the biggest California bing cherries that I've ever seen, they are massive. They cost me a small fortune - $28 for 2.5 lbs, crazy price but they look so good and we will stretch them out to last in the fridge
Old 07-04-2022, 04:03 AM

Received 764 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
That sounds so good right about now. I haven't had coffee yet this morning. I do have to watch my caffeine intake after 1 pm though, so I can sleep at night. Coffee is a bit of a hobby of mine.

My wife refused to drink coffee for the first 50 years of her life, but then I made her a cappuccino at home and now she wants them all the time, lol. I grind my own beans, and I have a pretty good espresso machine setup (semi-auto). The machines are a bit slow to heat up with all of their metal internals, and they are a bit messy as you can see lol. We only tend to use them on weekends when we have time to wait for the machine to heat up, I do have a french press that I use for quick american style coffees, that works good too.

I used to collect Italian espresso machines. I also collect Italian porcelain espresso & cappuccino cups. I've sold off some of my machines and grinders in the last year to free up some storage space in the kitchen. I am down to just one grinder and espresso machine now. I still have a ton of cups (over 100). Italy used to have a handful of artisan companies that made fine porcelain cups , family businesses that were 100+ years old. They have dwindled in numbers in recent years like all good things seem to do these days. I like collecting them when I can find them.

I used to buy green beans from Sweet Maria's and roast my own. My favorites were monsooned malabar and papua new guinea beans. I still have a small roaster stored away but doubt I'll ever roast again. I had several semi-autos over the years and then switched to Gaggia superauto models. I've gotten out of the bean usage and only drink Nespresso now. I too amassed a hodge podge collection of espresso cups and I have several cappucino cups. When I got into espresso it was almost impossible to get Illy cups and I see you have quite a few! Nespresso is the only quick and easy espresso I've found that almost matches the quality of espresso extracted from good beans and things being the way they were here I had no time to deal with beans, the cleanup and the care of a grinder, etc. I am drooling over your setup!!
Old 07-04-2022, 04:38 AM

Received 326 Likes on 276 Posts

Robb you'll have to come to Plattsburgh....there is a 5 Guys & Chick fil a right next door to each other...just make sure you're hungry.
Levi
Old 07-04-2022, 06:00 AM

Received 3,942 Likes on 3,115 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Robb you'll have to come to Plattsburgh....there is a 5 Guys & Chick fil a right next door to each other...just make sure you're hungry.
Levi
Nice I'm always hungry that is never an issue with me.
Old 07-04-2022, 06:18 AM

Received 2,691 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Plenty of both around here, too. The Memphis BBQ (from Rendezvous) we had Sat was very good. Yesterday we had a chicken sandwich at the ballpark. Not bad. Today I am going healthier and making Greek farro salad.

Last edited by MsPerky; 07-04-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Foods you love to cook and/or eat