S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Foods you love to cook and/or eat

Old 01-10-2021, 09:10 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I was really bad...ate three of them and the +1 had one. Hope I can control myself with the rest. As for sauce, I have made quite a bit of sauce in the past from the +1's mother's recipe. Very, very good. I mostly used it for lasagna and the rest for spaghetti. I am still cooking Italian but with different things on top of pasta and not red sauce.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:34 AM

Received 3,390 Likes on 2,461 Posts

I have also been an intermittent faster most of my entire life, way before it became a popular term. No specific reason for me fasting intermittently, it is just the way I chose to eat over the years. Now they write entire diet books about it, I never figured I would be a trend-setter of fads, lol. Eating 1-2 times per day has always been my preference, I almost never eat 3-meals a day.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:38 AM

Received 3,552 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Deb, you triggered a thought about delivery food.
I simply cannot remember ever ordering delivery.
part of it is being rural there are limited options.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:52 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Yeah, COVID has spawned a whole new industry. Most restaurants never had delivery before. Maybe pickup. It is insane.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:08 AM

Received 1,426 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Yeah, COVID has spawned a whole new industry. Most restaurants never had delivery before. Maybe pickup. It is insane.
Heck, even places like Burger King, KFC, and the local convenience stores (Wawa) offer delivery now.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Heck, even places like Burger King, KFC, and the local convenience stores (Wawa) offer delivery now.
I seen a food delivery sticker on the door of my local 7-Eleven, I couldn't imagine anyone needing a 7-Eleven hot dog that bad to have it delivered, but what do I know. Toss some nachios and cheese and a big-gulp in the mix, it might just be dinner for someone.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:27 PM

Received 2,562 Likes on 1,544 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I seen a food delivery sticker on the door of my local 7-Eleven, I couldn't imagine anyone needing a 7-Eleven hot dog that bad to have it delivered, but what do I know. Toss some nachios and cheese and a big-gulp in the mix, it might just be dinner for someone.
Ooooo! A week old roller dog and a big gulp right to your door!
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (01-10-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 02:46 AM

Received 729 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
I find jar sauce to be like wine just because it is expensive doesn't mean it's good. If you have difficulty chewing then lasagna is a good pick. Chicken and other meats can be tough to chew and there is always the hazard of choking.
I have to use sauces on chicken and other meats and cut everything into tiny pieces. He can chew, but his swallow reflex (medical term is dysphagia) has been compromised. The worst thing ever is that he cannot EVER have rice as it is explosive in the mouth/throat. He's had many many rounds of therapy to improve his swallow. The one therapy (that he's been through several times) is called Vital Stim and involves the use of electrodes to stimulate the muscles in the throat. He's decided he does not want to endure more treatment at this time so we're in a "holding" pattern. So far he's doing ok, has a really good appetite and is eating well. Cooking for him is a chore.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by valentine
I have to use sauces on chicken and other meats and cut everything into tiny pieces. He can chew, but his swallow reflex (medical term is dysphagia) has been compromised. The worst thing ever is that he cannot EVER have rice as it is explosive in the mouth/throat. He's had many many rounds of therapy to improve his swallow. The one therapy (that he's been through several times) is called Vital Stim and involves the use of electrodes to stimulate the muscles in the throat. He's decided he does not want to endure more treatment at this time so we're in a "holding" pattern. So far he's doing ok, has a really good appetite and is eating well. Cooking for him is a chore.
I have to be very careful with rice, it often gets stuck in me when I eat. I have to admit I eat too fast and that causes part of the issue. I hate it when rice gets stuck, it sometimes happens with apples too. I just have to eat slower, I eat way too fast.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:41 AM

Received 3,821 Likes on 3,039 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
You are a good soul
The following 2 users liked this post by robb:
valentine (01-12-2021), zeroptzero (01-11-2021)

Quick Reply: Foods you love to cook and/or eat