S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I broke myself.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:36 PM

Received 3,031 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Patricia, since you're awake..... you left the door wide open for another one of my smart-ass remarks with that photo..... and I passed on it because I want you to know I would never take a cheap shot.
Go ahead! Don't hold back. Let it rip.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:48 PM

Received 5,045 Likes on 3,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Go ahead! Don't hold back. Let it rip.
Too easy. But, get better quick and ride off into the sunset again.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:51 PM

Too easy. But, get better quick and ride off into the sunset again.
Well, maybe you're sparing my feelings. Naughty I can take and encourage, though.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:59 AM

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,407 Posts

Given the state of you ribs, it wouldn't be fair to make you laugh hard.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 711 Likes on 481 Posts

I hope you recover and feel better soon. I had a worse cycling accident. I didn't push my recovery or let that many people know about it. I just sucked it up and got better.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
I hope you recover and feel better soon. I had a worse cycling accident. I didn't push my recovery or let that many people know about it. I just sucked it up and got better.
Cool.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:11 PM

I really have had a silver lining with this injury! Having to ask for and accept offered help has improved my relationships with my son, the most, and his wife, and a bit with my daughter. My daughter and I got along fine already but it didn't hurt being the one cared for for a change. My son came over Saturday just to visit and mow my lawn but ended up spending the entire day doing things I needed done including some that I needed to do for months. It made us both feel good. He hadn't seen me since he picked me up the morning I crashed and took me to the ER. He was shocked to see the staples and bruises for the first time and I got him to take the picture I wanted of my black arm. I ended up spending the night at his house and then going with him today when he surrendered a cat he's had for 10 years to the shelter I volunteer at. He needed my support for that and I was so glad he finally did it. In short, this arm thing has made my life better. Who would have guessed that outcome?

^I've had six new cellular blinds to go up in windows for a couple of months. He put them all up for me.

^I don't have any grandkids but these are two of my three grand dogs hanging out with me at my son's house.

^This walrus was my son's favorite stuffed animal as a child. I was so happy to see it in the room I stayed in at his house.

Filling out the questionnaire at the Humane Society. They asked for a $30 donation and he gave them $300.

​​​
^5-19-2019. After my son dropped me off at my home today, I met up with a new group of Colorado ElliptiGO riders. I had planned to ride with them today for our first group ride but since I couldn't I just met them afterwards for pizza.

Last edited by Kyras; 05-19-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:18 PM

Received 2,800 Likes on 1,640 Posts

^
Nice to hear this Patricia! What was the issue with the cat?
Old 05-19-2019, 08:13 PM

Received 5,045 Likes on 3,046 Posts

Nice story Patricia. Oh, and great pictures to compliment it as well.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
Nice to hear this Patricia! What was the issue with the cat?
Lainey, my son got the cat from a shelter when it was a kitten found on the street. It was skittish then and it never changed. When I would visit my son the cat would hide all day and only come out at night to play with his other cat, Light. That wasn't ideal but Kyle was okay with it. That was in 2007 in Goleta, California. Kyle moved to Mountain View, and the the cat, Remy was the same. When he moved to Colorado the cat started pissing on the walls in the house. The vet checked it out and there were no health issues so the cat was put on Prozac. It quit grooming itself and turned into a matted mess. Off the meds and back to pissing around the house. Eventually, the cat was locked in a room in the basement. They'd let him out and it would be the same story. Stress or the smells in the house? He has a chance now to start over. The Larimer Humane Society accepts all surrendered animals. If the animal has behavior issues like biting, or is in very poor health, euthanasia is a possibility but otherwise, they try to get the cat rehomed. There are lots of cats that are owner surrenders that find new homes. There was one there since December that just finally was adopted last week.

^July 2010. Remy on pilaster with a coyote on the other side of the wall, jumping up at him. He pushed out a screen in my house when I was babysitting him for a week.

^July 2010. Remy hiding under cabinets under my stair well.

Nice story Patricia. Oh, and great pictures to compliment it as well.
^Thank you, Dave.

Quick Reply: I broke myself.