S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/im-fat-2019-please-join-me-1190682/)

Lainey 01-24-2019 10:10 AM

^
Harry I know you have some health issues and keeping weight in check is important. Don't beat yourself up on this. A few extra pounds can't be all bad.

That's what I tell myself anyway. :D

Conedodger 01-24-2019 11:29 AM

Harry,

It might help to set a more realistic goal line. I set mine at 1.0 lb per week. It appears that yours is 1.5 per week. Shoot for 1.5, but be happy to achieve 1.0. It may take a little longer, but it is more encouraging to see the results, and easier to stick with it.

I have also found in the past that I hit a plateau where no matter what I do, I can't lose any more. That is when it is easy to quit, but I find if I stick to the plan, my body figures things out and the weight starts dropping again.

hecash 01-24-2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24558128)
^
Harry I know you have some health issues and keeping weight in check is important. Don't beat yourself up on this. A few extra pounds can't be all bad.

That's what I tell myself anyway. :D

Thanks, Lainey. I've arrived at the view that it's either just going to take me longer to reach target or the plateau that I'm on now or later may be the enforced target. As you, I can live with that.

Originally Posted by Conedodger (Post 24558160)
Harry,

It might help to set a more realistic goal line. I set mine at 1.0 lb per week. It appears that yours is 1.5 per week. Shoot for 1.5, but be happy to achieve 1.0. It may take a little longer, but it is more encouraging to see the results, and easier to stick with it.

I have also found in the past that I hit a plateau where no matter what I do, I can't lose any more. That is when it is easy to quit, but I find if I stick to the plan, my body figures things out and the weight starts dropping again.

I very much agree. I'll be patient, keep my regimen and take whatever it let's me achieve.

Lainey 01-24-2019 03:51 PM

I've always thought that the less you have to lose, the longer it takes. Once you get down to wanting to lose 15, 10, 5 pounds it's a struggle. Again, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

On the plus side, I had aches in various areas today, thanks to my Y time.

S2KRAY 01-25-2019 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey (Post 24558220)
I've always thought that the less you have to lose, the longer it takes. Once you get down to wanting to lose 15, 10, 5 pounds it's a struggle. Again, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

On the plus side, I had aches in various areas today, thanks to my Y time.

That is true. Easy to lose at first then it gets harder. It's called aging, slower metabolism. However, the positive here is that you feel better, look better, sleep better and you are going to be healthier. My Dr. is very happy with my blood work numbers and overall health. :)

Legal Bill 01-25-2019 05:59 AM

Another day and again 181.

jukngene 01-25-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene (Post 24557401)
I've been on this low-carb diet since Sunday, and have lost a total of 0.8 pounds. :thumbdn: At this rate, maybe by this time next year I'll be near my target goal.

Down 2.2 as of this morning. I'm encouraged! Made my annual visit to my cardiologist this morning and I've lost 8 pounds since this time last year. :thumbup:

Kyras 01-25-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene (Post 24558392)
Down 2.2 as of this morning. I'm encouraged! Made my annual visit to my cardiologist this morning and I've lost 8 pounds since this time last year. :thumbup:

That's great, Gene!

I am at a low point in my bouncing around. I was gone from cold Colorado fro 8 days and that made me get off my butt and do things every day. Here I have spent two days inside entirely and I think that lack of movement is what's my problem with going back up. So, I have decided I will walk when it's too cold to ride my ElliptiGO. I don't mind the cold when I'm dressed for it. I enjoy it. I'll see if that helps me get below my current low.

jukngene 01-25-2019 09:22 AM

^I walk about 30 to 40 minutes every day walking our dog. Not as strenuous as biking or GOing, but still better than sitting on my a$$!

Legal Bill 01-25-2019 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene (Post 24558392)

Bravo on the 2.2. Great drop year over year.