S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!

Old 02-19-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Survived the long weekend without gaining the pounds dropped. Now to be serious again... It’s a slow go with inconsistent feedback. Cause and effect are not always obviously connected to eating decisions short term. I’m learning a little about how my dieting works...
It is not exact and it takes a while to figure it out. Try drinking a lot of water during the course of the day. It really helps.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
I seem stuck at 185 which historically has been my benchmark for years.
You can beat it!!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 PM

I came in at 174.5 today. I hope tomorrow morning sees new lows!!
Old 02-19-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Beef jerky. Low carbs and sugar, good protein, and while not crunchy, provides a good chew.
All the beef jerky I see is really high in sodium; generally in the 18% range. I did find some beef sticks at 9% and picked up a package of pecan nuts. I've been eating a lot of hard boiled eggs and celery for snacks but that's getting real old.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Yes, I was just busy and then sitting on my butt watching Netflixs. I go from walking and snow blowing to snoozing. This past weekend i went to the boat show and also the treadmill and the elliptical. But I binge watched the show Sense 8.
Glad to hear you are out and about!
Old 02-19-2019, 04:11 PM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I seem stuck at 185 which historically has been my benchmark for years.
Historically. Yep. I'm making the guess that we all have one of those weights. The closer you get to your goal the harder it is to get there. Fact. If you have changed from, "this is a diet to get to my goal weight" to, this is how I will live/eat/exist now, I believe it just takes time.

I'm about 7 pounds above my goal and a solid 10 below a year ago, but more than 10 below my fattest in the past two or three years. I'm not on a diet. Weight Watchers was a diet. I've got a new way to deal with food and drink that I can live with. February 14th was my 6 month mark with this intermittent fasting lifestyle. It's nothing like Weight Watchers that has been my Go-to since I was 30 1/2 years old but this I CAN sustain. I'm going to have patience. I'm so glad to be 10+ pounds lighter!!
Old 02-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Yep, I have an "I'm stuck at ___ weight" Now I'm stuck with a couple extra pounds...Tuesday is generally not a good day to weigh in as that's when the weekend catches up. Today was not bad. I'm at the stuck weight, better than above the stuck weight..... I've gotten some extra exercise, but all I want to do is get up and make myself a big bowl of . I need to take up knitting or something to keep my hands busy. I'll probably give in....I usually do one or twice a week.
Life is short. Eat popcorn.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 921 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Historically. Yep. I'm making the guess that we all have one of those weights. The closer you get to your goal the harder it is to get there. Fact. If you have changed from, "this is a diet to get to my goal weight" to, this is how I will live/eat/exist now, I believe it just takes time.

I'm about 7 pounds above my goal and a solid 10 below a year ago, but more than 10 below my fattest in the past two or three years. I'm not on a diet. Weight Watchers was a diet. I've got a new way to deal with food and drink that I can live with. February 14th was my 6 month mark with this intermittent fasting lifestyle. It's nothing like Weight Watchers that has been my Go-to since I was 30 1/2 years old but this I CAN sustain. I'm going to have patience. I'm so glad to be 10+ pounds lighter!!
I definitely agree, Patty.

My husband and I are past the 2 year mark of when we started our new lifestyle of carefully watching our carbohydrate intake, and we are having no problem at all with the new lifestyle. We know that it is permanent, not just a diet to reach a certain weight.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:09 PM

Received 736 Likes on 390 Posts

I'm 5ft 11in and 204lb at the moment, I peaked at 235lb late in 2017 (gag, everything sounds worse in lb) but after a bet with a workmate and a well-timed bout of gastro I managed to get down to 195lb after 6 months. I used to do a lot of cycling so I have a lot of leg muscle but the spare tire has been slowly inflating and now some fat slob has started stalking me from the other side of the mirror.

I've been very active for 20+ years but a year of renting and working from home has ruined my body and my eating habits are shocking now - you'll have to prise a block of chocolate from my cold, dead hands. I don't really eat a lot of fatty foods.

Ideally I'd like to get down to about 185lb but it's hard to get away from a heavy workload - I routinely skip lunch breaks and do a lot of overnight work, when it's just me and the refrigerator. I'm now making a concerted effort to take lunch breaks and at least go for a walk. Hopefully once I've had a neuroma removed from my foot I'll be able to get back on my bike and hit the local trails again.

And now I've told you all I kind of have to do it, because I'd hate to embarrass myself in front of people half a world away.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:31 PM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Hertz Donut
I'm 5ft 11in and 204lb at the moment, I peaked at 235lb late in 2017 (gag, everything sounds worse in lb) but after a bet with a workmate and a well-timed bout of gastro I managed to get down to 195lb after 6 months. I used to do a lot of cycling so I have a lot of leg muscle but the spare tire has been slowly inflating and now some fat slob has started stalking me from the other side of the mirror.

I've been very active for 20+ years but a year of renting and working from home has ruined my body and my eating habits are shocking now - you'll have to prise a block of chocolate from my cold, dead hands. I don't really eat a lot of fatty foods.

Ideally I'd like to get down to about 185lb but it's hard to get away from a heavy workload - I routinely skip lunch breaks and do a lot of overnight work, when it's just me and the refrigerator. I'm now making a concerted effort to take lunch breaks and at least go for a walk. Hopefully once I've had a neuroma removed from my foot I'll be able to get back on my bike and hit the local trails again.

And now I've told you all I kind of have to do it, because I'd hate to embarrass myself in front of people half a world away.
Welcome, Hertz Donut.

Quick Reply: I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!