S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!

Old 03-04-2019, 06:16 AM

Received 4,958 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Up another #. Damn weekends.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,627 Posts

I'm still in same range. Tuesday is my bad day on the scale. I may skip it tomorrow. Carb overload these last couple of days.

I agree with much of what Sue is saying. Diets are not sustainable. We've all been there, we lose the weight, and then it creeps back up, and then you have to start all over again. Different eating habits are a lifestyle you have to stick with. Most of us don't do that.

If I want to stay at a lower weight, I have to REALLY watch what I eat ALL the time. I refuse to cut out carbs and sugar, but do cut back. So when I'm careful, I'm ordering salads when eating out, not snacking at night and really watching my intake. It's not fun. Keep in mind, the smaller you are, the fewer calories you need to maintain weight and a whole lot less if you want to lose weight. Most of you guys require more calories than I do. What you consume while on a diet is not a diet for me. We all know the older you get the harder it gets to lose weight.

It kind of sucks.....
Old 03-04-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshoeless

I cook the usual for the family, they don’t eat what I eat. It really helped that I don’t do breakfast, and I’m too busy for lunch at work. With the help of the app, I was able to calorie count by weighting everything.
^Intermittent fasting for the win. I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I do eat what I want at dinner. It working for me.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
I hope that you saw that I edited my original post to say, "That said, I wish all of you luck in losing the weight that you want to lose, and keeping it off, too."

That is probably true that "weight loss programs" are not sustainable.

However, since about Feb 1, 2017, I have lost over 35 pounds and I have kept it off.

I was not, and I am not, doing a "weight loss program." I have made a permanent lifestyle change.

My "goal" was never to achieve a certain weight. My "goal" is to keep my AIC number in check, and to do so, my "program" must be life-long.

Losing weight just happened apparently because I was watching the timing of eating carbohydrates and how many carbohydrates I ate per meal or snack, and I guess as a result, I must have also lowered my calories per day.
^That's the only way to keep it off. I believe I will sustain my weight loss because I like eating one meal a day. I'm learning along the way how I can blow it and how I can get back the loss when I do.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:45 AM

Received 921 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
^Intermittent fasting for the win. I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I do eat what I want at dinner. It working for me.
Patty, I was thinking that what poorshoeless is doing is kind of like intermittent fasting.

I am guessing, though, that you, yourself, are eating more than 600 calories per day.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:50 AM

Patty, I was thinking that what poorshoeless is doing is kind of like intermittent fasting.

I am guessing, though, that you, yourself, are eating more than 600 calories per day.
^Most definitely. I eat what I want and never count calories. Last night was a big russet potato that I microwaved and topped with real butter and sour cream. I also had yogurt, cheese and chocolate. Delay, don't deny.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:11 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Losing weight just happened apparently because I was watching the timing of eating carbohydrates and how many carbohydrates I ate per meal or snack, and I guess as a result, I must have also lowered my calories per day.
I've done the yo-yo dieting routine too many times. That is why I'm trying to make a life change. I'm watching carbs and sugars, not calories. I'm down 15+ lbs. since Christmas. Once I get to my goal, I will add back some carbs, but I will forever have to keep an eye on it.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:59 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Now that we are in warm sunny Naples I can ride my bike a lot more and get the weight down. Winter is always a tough time to lose weight and I have actually gained a few pounds. I rode today at a moderate level but plan to ramp the intensity up slowly. We are here for 6 weeks and then when I get home the detailing and bike riding should initiate a serious weight loss campaign.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:34 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I hope that you saw that I edited my original post to say, "That said, I wish all of you luck in losing the weight that you want to lose, and keeping it off, too."

That is probably true that "weight loss programs" are not sustainable.

However, since about Feb 1, 2017, I have lost over 35 pounds and I have kept it off.

I was not, and I am not, doing a "weight loss program." I have made a permanent lifestyle change.

My "goal" was never to achieve a certain weight. My "goal" is to keep my AIC number in check, and to do so, my "program" must be life-long.

So since you started you have not changed anything? On the same diet you lost weight and then when you reach some weight you stop using, even though you didn't increase your food intake?
Old 03-04-2019, 01:36 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
I've done the yo-yo dieting routine too many times. That is why I'm trying to make a life change. I'm watching carbs and sugars, not calories. I'm down 15+ lbs. since Christmas. Once I get to my goal, I will add back some carbs, but I will forever have to keep an eye on it.
Yes, that sounds familiar. If I don't add back some food, I just keep losing.

Quick Reply: I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me!