S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

LA area folks I need some special help.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 4,961 Likes on 3,005 Posts

As you well know, once they become adults there isn't anything that you can do except be there for them. The system is not going to change.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Having a 22 yr old son, I feel your pain. All the best in solving this situation. Sorry I’m not in the right area to help. Hope Roseanne can help in some way to reestablish contact with your son! Vintage solidarity!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:02 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Jerry,

I might be out of line by saying this, but you should get on an airplane and bring him home yourself. He needs your help and nobody can reach him like you can.

I'm sorry if you don't like what I've said or if I upset you but that's what I'd do. Nothing in this world is more important than the safety of your kid.

Rob
Old 03-26-2019, 02:36 PM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

Rob,
If I had any idea where he was other than "LA" Id be there.
I don't know where I'll here from him. and LA is kinda big.
I could be on the same street corner 2 minutes too early or late and would miss him.
It also wouldn't surprise me if he jumped on a bus somehow and went somewhere else.
I'm not any making excuses but let's say I've chased my tail before.
I've gone somewhere to pick him up and can't find him and after half an hour trolling around looking,
start driving home only to find him several miles away walking along the side of the road.
"oh I didn't think you were coming."
This is a tough movie to star in.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Deb, it's is tough to take the mental health services path, in his view there is "nothing wrong."

I did actually think of exploring other social services this morning however.
I agree. My daughter works in this area and she said the same thing . Her patients suffering with this also say there is "nothing wrong" She is a licensed clinical social worker. I pray that your son can be found and returned to a loving home.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:30 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Jerry, is there any benefit to filing a missing person's report with the LA police?
Old 03-26-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Jerry, is there any benefit to filing a missing person's report with the LA police?
technically I would file it here in Bolton with the local PD with the caveat that he is believed to be in the LA area.
With that said it actually doesn't do much good. He's an adult and they don't do much other than say we found him.
been down this path before. it only pops up a notice when he is arrested or they run an ID check for another reason.
It's likely he hasn't shaven in at least 1 1/2 possibly up to 3 months. so any picture would be obscured by a full scraggly beard.

I just spent a while with Murphy from LA and we have started hatching a plan forward.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Rob,
If I had any idea where he was other than "LA" Id be there.
I don't know where I'll here from him. and LA is kinda big.
I could be on the same street corner 2 minutes too early or late and would miss him.
It also wouldn't surprise me if he jumped on a bus somehow and went somewhere else.
I'm not any making excuses but let's say I've chased my tail before.
I've gone somewhere to pick him up and can't find him and after half an hour trolling around looking,
start driving home only to find him several miles away walking along the side of the road.
"oh I didn't think you were coming."
This is a tough movie to star in.
Jerry

I can't imagine what you've been through. God knows it must be horrible.

Is there any way for you to get him to stay still until you could get out there to bring him home? Maybe the police or social services could convince him to stay put. I do think its important that you bring him home.

Good luck with this. Our prayers probably won't help much but do know we are all praying for a good outcome. I wish he were around here so that we could help.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:22 PM

Let me take a moment to thank everyone for their ideas and thoughts.
I really do appreciate it because it means you care.
I will ask for another more important favor.

If someone had fallen and broken their leg, their we be no shame likewise if they got cancer.
Mental health is no different. It is slightly more insidious because it is the only disease that inhibits it's victim from recognizing it's symptoms.
So talk about it publicly. Encourage your elected officials to act. We do have a real crisis.
The treatment options are black and white right now. Either you are dangerous enough to be in lock down or you are free to go.
There is no grey and their needs to be. It shouldn't cost five to tens of thousand to get the right to advocate for someone. Yet it does.
The medical system and courts need the latitude to be able to direct a patient for care other than lock down.

But with all that said, we have advance boots on the ground now.
Murph will be getting a care package to hopefully deliver for keith.
a burner phone, his spare license, a gift card.
who knows maybe even a fresh set of underwear. Contemplating the set he's had on for the last 6 weeks is pretty foul.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:35 PM

I absolutely agree except that all of healthcare needs an overhaul. I'll stop here so as not to push this important thread into politics. Except to say that all of healthcare needs to be fixed

Quick Reply: LA area folks I need some special help.