S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Michael Moore

Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michael Moore

Ralper has made me think that maybe the Dems are a little hurt, bruised, and sensitive about the past election. While I can give them a break, even the Dems must be embarrassed by this guy. Michael Moore will always be in my crosshairs.

When I see him, I think:

If his IQ reaches 50, he should sell

he is a gross ignoramus -- 144 times worse than a regular ignoramus

somewhere he is depriving a village of an idiot

Anyone else have anything to add?
Old 02-05-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by cordycord' date='Feb 5 2005, 10:36 PM
Ralper has made me think that maybe the Dems are a little hurt, bruised, and sensitive about the past election. While I can give them a break, even the Dems must be embarrassed by this guy. Michael Moore will always be in my crosshairs.

When I see him, I think:

Cordy,

Considering that your guy won, why is this still such an issue with you guys. Surely, you can't be that unsure of your party, can you?
Old 02-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I actually liked MM back in the days of Roger and Me and his TV show (can't remember the name). I thought he did a good job of exposing issues and provoking thought. He then made a descision to try to influence the political process with a quasi documentary, which even he admitted was not entirely accurate and was most definately biased. He lost me at that point. I'm sure others will argue that entertainers try to effect the political proces all the time. That is fine. I will agree that I have decided to draw a line where I think it should be drawn. celebraties who openly campaign for one candidate or the other are within their rights. They are standing up and saying "I support this person, and here is why." Everyone is clear that the message is opinion. Moore took his unique style of film making and used it to package a propaganda piece as a documentary. I just don't think that is fair use of the media.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:24 PM

[QUOTE]Moore took his unique style of film making and used it to package a propaganda piece as a documentary. I just don't think that is fair use of the media.[QUOTE]

This is my point Rob. Michael Moore is worthy of derision, no matter what the political party. Frankly, I am hoping that those on the right aren't the only ones who see this.

And besides, I started to feel sorry for Dean, who was holding the fort all by his own.

And by the way, Michael Moore seems to have donated his brain to science before he was done using it.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:52 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

[quote name='cordycord' date='Feb 6 2005, 02:24 AM']
This is my point Rob.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by cordycord' date='Feb 5 2005, 07:36 PM

OK
Old 02-06-2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill' date='Feb 5 2005, 11:11 PM
I just don't think that is fair use of the media.
Bill:

You really don't think that the media is unbiased. Every station and broadcaster has their own bent on the issues be they local, regional, or national. Just because MM put together a pseudo-documentary I do not see any difference between that and an ad sponsored by a party, PAC group, or candidate. They all spin the news as they see fit.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:36 PM

All I can say is WOW. What a horrible thread idea.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

My thoughts on Michael Moore are simple...he's the kind of guy that, even if he supports you, you should never be comfortable about that fact. Does he occasionally bring to light an interesting topic? Sure. Does he develop those topics into something meaningful and spark intelligent debate with his insightful analysis? On rare occasion...though it comes across as mostly being by accident.

Roger and Me was interesting to me until I saw some of his later works that I had more understanding of. Only then did I realize how many holes he has in his stories.

Michael Moore touched on many vitally important issues in Farenheit 9/11, but did it in such a was as to not only leave the viewer with an incomplete set of facts, but the accompanying analysis was lacking and did not do justice to the importance of the issues to not only the Democratic party, but to our nation and our place in this world.

In short, while I was a strong supporter of the Democratic party in this past election, I was embarassed and disgusted with the hack job that Michael Moore did and, while the movie was amusing to some extent, it was not something that the Democractic party should have hung their hat on as useful to the dialogue...unless the intent was to portray the party as ignorant and incapable of thoughtful analysis.

Ok, I'll stop my rant now...
Old 02-06-2005, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by drewchie' date='Feb 6 2005, 04:39 PM

...Richard Nixon... They are all examples of great Americans
You had me until you threw him in there. And to think that I used to like you too.

Quick Reply: Michael Moore