S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

O.K. GWB fans - how 'bout that "war on terror"

Old 04-16-2005, 07:51 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default O.K. GWB fans - how 'bout that "war on terror"

The National Counterterroism Center report shows that we are in fact less safe from terrorism than before. Of course that comes as no surprise to those of us that have opposed this boondoggle from the start.

All those destroyed lives. The billions of dollars. An absolute travesty.

The news is so bad that our very own government is going to bury it.

All you Bush supporters and hawks - go ahead and flame me - call me an "America Hater" - blast the newspaper or the government agency that provided the analysis. I really don't give a what you think. Get your heads out of the sand.

I love my country. I hate what GWB and his cronies are doing to it.

U.S. eliminates annual terrorism report

By Jonathan S. Landay
Knight Ridder Newspapers

WASHINGTON
Old 04-16-2005, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jeff, I couldn't agree more on with what you are saying. I feel as though George W. needs to be arrested for war crimes. We had absolutely NO REASON to go to war with Iraq in the first place, only the hunch that they had weapons of mass destruction. This is what the government made the media tell the public who in turn thought that in the interest of our security warranted our great president's war. What a big suprise- no weapons of mass destraction, what a joke. I honestly can't believe that man who ultimitely ok'd this debachel is still in power. Just thought I'd share my .02
Old 04-16-2005, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by lig,Apr 16 2005, 07:51 AM
The National Counterterroism Center report shows that we are in fact less safe from terrorism than before.
As usual, the newspaper article redefines words the way it wants to. Yes the number of attacks is greater - but most people would say a larger number of attacks killing a far smaller number of people is "more safe", not "less safe". Or would you rather have more years like 2001, with fewer attacks killing more people?
Old 04-16-2005, 08:31 AM
lig
Community Organizer

i feel you, my blue state s2000 brother.

GW will go down in history as one of the worst ever.

Life is sacred - let's keep the brain dead alive.

Sacrificing our troops, keeping them in indentured servitude in the name of "national security" (Santiago vs. Rumsfeld) and bombing Iraqis is cool though, I guess.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:49 AM

Received 437 Likes on 314 Posts

History will judge GWB in midst of current attacks. It is always hard to do the right thing but the history will vindicate him. What GWB did was bold and courageous. People may disagree with this perspective but it is always easier to criticize and judge when things don't work out exactly the way people want. Monday morning quarterbacking is probably not all that useful except to give people something to do as far as blaming or pointing fingers. I suppose that is also important thing to do. With given intelligence at that point in time, GWB made a decision and went with it. Now, if people want to make issues with that, that is their choice but I for one don't agree with bashing GWB. That is just my opinion.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:55 AM
lig
Community Organizer

What exactly has Bush done with respect to the invasion of Iraq that has made it "the right thing to do"?

I've been against this sham war since the beginning so it isn't a case of "monday morning quarterbacking"

Is this guy even capable of admitting he made a mistake?

Are you saying that the costs involved in this debacle have been worth it?

What exactly have we gained by thumbing our nose at the world and unilaterally invading Iraq?

We are entitled to our own opinions on GWB. Yours and mine happen to be 180 degrees apart.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:46 AM

That's right. We are 180 degrees apart. You are not going to convince me and I am not going to convince you. But that is alright. We both seem to appreciate S2K.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:54 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Old 04-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Oh, by the way, I would appreciate Pacific Northwest Badge if you will. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:56 PM

The past ostracism of Arafat and the removal of the Taliban and Saddam Hussein, followed by democratic engagement, will bring eventual stability to the Middle East and enhance the security of the United States. After the failures of all our present critics, this new policy of promoting American values is our last, best hope. And the president will be rewarded long after he leaves office by the verdict of history for nobly sticking to it when few others, friend or foe, would.

Liq this is my opinion I will not debate you so flame away (as you do to others who have a dif opinion), this is my first and last post in this thread.

Enjoy

Quick Reply: O.K. GWB fans - how 'bout that "war on terror"