S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 07-13-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Hanging pictures! I would rather have dental surgery with no Novocain!
I'm just going to have to accept the fact that we will have extra holes in the wall....It's already a difficult task for Rick who has limited reach with his right arm...I'd better get extra beer.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:09 PM

Patricia I had missed the fact that the arm was involved, not just the elbow. Scary stuff!!! Watch it closely.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Get well soon,Patty,good luck,and keep us posted.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Doesn't look too haphazard to me....tops of frames seem to be in line with each other.
Seems, is a good word. At one time all the frames matched (those below the middle line, which you can only see a few of) and were either horizontal or vertical but all were in perfect alignment. What a pain in the butt. Why? Doors open - both side and garage. Fans blow. I often use a leaf blower to clean things in there. I gave up trying to keep things aligned. Your house will likely be different unless Rick sneezes a lot. But, still, I'd recommend haphazard if I were to do it over and to some extent I already have by mixing up my frames, etc. Bottom line; too much of the same can be boring, especially when over organized (just my personal opinion, based on doing similar things more than once). Food for thought.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:59 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Patty - Did the ER doc say exactly what caused the swelling? Did you bump it or have a cut there or something? Or is it an infection in the body that showed up in your elbow/arm? Good thing you went! I hope it clears up soon.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Seems, is a good word. At one time all the frames matched (those below the middle line, which you can only see a few of) and were either horizontal or vertical but all were in perfect alignment. What a pain in the butt. Why? Doors open - both side and garage. Fans blow. I often use a leaf blower to clean things in there. I gave up trying to keep things aligned. Your house will likely be different unless Rick sneezes a lot. But, still, I'd recommend haphazard if I were to do it over and to some extent I already have by mixing up my frames, etc. Bottom line; too much of the same can be boring, especially when over organized (just my personal opinion, based on doing similar things more than once). Food for thought.
hmmmm...original plan was haphazard...maybe I'll lay them on the floor and see if I can make haphazard happen before we start banging nails. I've got a lot of photos....need to use all available space.Thanks!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:01 AM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Patty - Did the ER doc say exactly what caused the swelling? Did you bump it or have a cut there or something? Or is it an infection in the body that showed up in your elbow/arm? Good thing you went! I hope it clears up soon.
I ER Physicians Assistant, I saw, super nice guy, said bursitis is one of those things that you can't say where it came from, kinda like a cold. It started as bursitis but got infected for some unknown reason. I didn't have any cuts or anything. The Kaiser (my insurance Co.) nurse and doctor I talked to over the phone were alarmed at my description because of the Enbrel suppressing my immune system. Today, the redness has lessened and the swelling has lessened everywhere, but it still hurts. Four ibuprofen are helping a lot, though. I'm so glad I handled this yesterday!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:03 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I ER Physicians Assistant, I saw, super nice guy, said bursitis is one of those things that you can't say where it came from, kinda like a cold. It started as bursitis but got infected for some unknown reason. I didn't have any cuts or anything. The Kaiser (my insurance Co.) nurse and doctor I talked to over the phone were alarmed at my description because of the Enbrel suppressing my immune system. Today, the redness has lessened and the swelling has lessened everywhere, but it still hurts. Four ibuprofen are helping a lot, though. I'm so glad I handled this yesterday!
I went through the same agony about 6 months ago. My infection was caused by an oven door burn to my elbow. The swelling and discomfort lasted at least three months. I was under constant antibiotics which helped with the infection, but totally disrupted my digestive system. Good luck with your recovery, Patty.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
I went through the same agony about 6 months ago. My infection was caused by an oven door burn to my elbow. The swelling and discomfort lasted at least three months. I was under constant antibiotics which helped with the infection, but totally disrupted my digestive system. Good luck with your recovery, Patty.
^Thank you, Gary. You're the first person I know who's dealt with bursitis. I feel fairly decent today. It could be that I'm happy for a cool day, finally. I got in an elevation gain ride this morning to top my week at over 5,000 feet. That was fun and short and cool. I had to beat the rain.

^7-15-2018. Devil's Backbone, Loveland, CO. Not raining but it was threatening to.

^7-15-2018. All done.

Last edited by Kyras; 07-15-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:59 AM

Bursitis hurts. Part of my shoulder issue was bursitis. The rotator cuff gets pinched and the bursa inflamed. Hope you are feeling better Patricia.

Here's one of the egrets I "caught" with my camera on Friday..........a goof off day from the office.
(Downloaded from FB)

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X