S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 02-16-2019, 05:33 PM

Received 1,443 Likes on 967 Posts

Love the photo with the horse. Very nice!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Stunning photography, once again, especially the lighting on the first one! Did you see the following view there? I took it on May 27, 2018 near Garden of the Gods, after riding my ElliptiGO that direction from Manitou Springs. I was trying to get to G of the G but missed the entrance somehow.

Not certain if I saw this outcropping. It's a great photo!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Morris
Gary, do you touch up your photos somehow to get the crispness, color and detail that is so unusual? Or do you have a half million dollar camera? They are beautiful shots; your photos are always so different.
Thanks for the kind comments, Morris!

I'll shoot using the camera’s maximum Pixels in RAW format. By shooting in RAW format you MUST post process the images. Normally, I'll underexpose by one F stop in order to increase the color density, and then adjust the exposure, light temperature and sharpness in post processing. Won't let the camera make decisions for me, so I'll shoot in manual mode 90% of the time.

These photos were taken using a mono-pod for stabilization. I use mid-upper end Canon and Nikon Cameras.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by windhund116
Love the photo with the horse. Very nice!
Thanks! he loved being scratched around his jaw and neck.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:22 AM

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Thanks for the kind comments, Morris!

I'll shoot using the camera’s maximum Pixels in RAW format. By shooting in RAW format you MUST post process the images. Normally, I'll underexpose by one F stop in order to increase the color density, and then adjust the exposure, light temperature and sharpness in post processing. Won't let the camera make decisions for me, so I'll shoot in manual mode 90% of the time.

These photos were taken using a mono-pod for stabilization. I use mid-upper end Canon and Nikon Cameras.
I don't know if I'll ever venture into the RAW format...I find the whole deal overwhelming. I needs a hands on course. There is no denying the difference in the photo quality. Your images always pop off the page.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:24 AM

Received 3,031 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I don't know if I'll ever venture into the RAW format...I find the whole deal overwhelming. I needs a hands on course. There is no denying the difference in the photo quality. Your images always pop off the page.

But I love your images too, Lainey.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:22 AM

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras

But I love your images too, Lainey.
Thanks, Patricia. RAW takes up huge amount of space on memory cards, on the hard drive, etc. Then one has to learn how to process. What I do with my photos now is pretty easy and enjoyable. I'd love to learn more, but I'm not ready to apply myself. I got some free software when I bought my camera this summer. "Paint Shop Pro". That one is overwhelming too. I would need to take a course, not rely on the "hints" within the software or "You tube."
Old 02-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Oh trust me,
<----- the black muzzle is the giveaway of a mastiff. Danes and Mastiffs along with Neapolitan, cane corsos, and St Bernards are all referred to as Molessers.

Mastiffs have those stockier shoulders more than the Danes which are leaner. Danes also don;t have as much floppy skin.
Interesting, it still looks like a Dane to me, black muzzle and all. I belong to the Great Dane Club of Michigan but have only owned two, one fawn and one boston. I'd love to own a blue, the best ones in this area come from Ontario. Our Danes were only about 165/170 lbs but at shows I have seen them as large as 185/190 lbs.
I've never been to a Mastiff show, may be I should put that on my bucket list. I've even thought of getting one as they require less walking than a Dane does. We used to walk 4 to 5 miles each day, it kept us fit as well as them.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:23 AM

Received 2,621 Likes on 1,583 Posts

The +1 gave me a little conica spruce tree for Christmas. It's in a pot on the balcony. I assume it's a dwarf species - at least I hope so! Anyhoo, I was not sure how it would do out there, but it has taken off with new growth in the past few weeks. So I'm hopeful it will do well in the future. Here's a pic. You can see all the light green versus the original dark.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:40 AM

Received 3,031 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
The +1 gave me a little conica spruce tree for Christmas. It's in a pot on the balcony. I assume it's a dwarf species - at least I hope so! Anyhoo, I was not sure how it would do out there, but it has taken off with new growth in the past few weeks. So I'm hopeful it will do well in the future. Here's a pic. You can see all the light green versus the original dark.
^It looks very happy, Deb. I love plants in my house but they start off being picked on by Atticus. I have four live plants now and I bought six silk ones off a neighbor. It's so dreary outside I need some green inside.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X