S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

SF thank you

Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts
Default SF thank you

I need to work on my post numbers so I will start the thank you thread. Thanks to ALL who had any part in making this weekend of fun happen. To KGF the other Ken, Gene Dave (VW) guy drive leaders cookie makers and name tag makers goodie bag makers ALL your efforts were appreciated.

The drive route was great parking cars in front of the car museum was way cool (nice touch Gene). Lunch and the museum also fun.

Hotel was great Ken gets his kickback from Hilton next week.

It was a great weekend. The best part of course was connecting and spending time with all of you. We laughed until we almost cried. We are still smiling this AM. Thanks for helping us make more fun memories. Until the next time.

PS to that lurker S2KBilly. I lied to you. I have a few more than 25k in posts.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 AM

Received 1,413 Likes on 767 Posts

Sorry that I didn't have a chance to wish everyone good-bye this morning, but I had to rush home unexpectedly. My wife called me at 6:15 saying she had been up since 1:30 with severe chest pains, so I left as soon as I could. When I got home, I called her Dr. and got a prescription refilled. He thinks it is a recurrence of a bronchial infection that she had last September with the same symptoms, but I am taking her in tomorrow so that he can see her in person just to make sure. She is resting now and I think I will take a nap.

Like Lainey said in her post, this is always a great meet with some wonderful folks! Glad I could be a part of it and hope to see everyone soon again!

5:00 PM Update: Unfortunately, had to take Bea to the ER this afternoon, since her chest pain had gotten worse. She is still there while I came home to take care of the dog. The ER doctor does not think she has any heart issues, thankfully, so they are running all kinds of tests to try to find the cause. I'll be going back in a few minutes.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

We are back home safe and sound. It was a great experience and look forward to more.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

[size="3"]

Home safe and sound... made it in time for everyone to get off to their 'other' commitments for the day.

Much thanks to everyone who made this such a nice weekend. Thanks to the weather gods who dried things out for us.... and thanks to everyone who came. Was great seeing everyone.

Hope everybody has a safe drive home. Looking forward to the next time.

[color+8B0000][/size="3"]
Old 05-04-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by canberra
[size="3"]

Home safe and sound... made it in time for everyone to get off to their 'other' commitments for the day.

Much thanks to everyone who made this such a nice weekend. Thanks to the weather gods who dried things out for us.... and thanks to everyone who came. Was great seeing everyone.

Hope everybody has a safe drive home. Looking forward to the next time.

[color+8B0000][/size="3"]
and love your explicit coding

talked more to Carol than to you, but she's more interesting anyhow (and tells secrets about you)
Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Took the leisurely route down 15 to 7. Stopped at Catoctin Mountain Orchard and my mother's on the way home. I believe we have about 10 lbs of candy from Chocolate World. Fortunately, the +1 is taking some of it to the office. We had a lovely time. And I add our sincere appreciation for all the great effort put forth by the organizers.

Gene - somehow I misunderstood and though YOU had the chest pains and I was wondering how on earth you could drive home in that condition. Thanks for the clarification and glad Bea is doing better.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 354 Likes on 217 Posts

We are home safe and sound-back to our kitties.Another great big thanks to everyone who made this such a wonderful event! Had five hours on the drive home to think and work on details of the Fall Harvest meet. Certainly helped pass the time and got a few new ideas. Hope to see most of you again soon.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 158 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks Ken, Ken, Gene, Dave..... and all the others who helped put SF2014 together....

And a big thanks for the goody bag, the cookies, the Kit Kat bars!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I want to thank Ken and everyone involved with putting this event together. Sara and I had a great time at our first vintage meet and meet a lot of great people! Looking forward to the next one!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:29 PM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

back home as well.

Thanks for putting together a great drive !!!

It was great to see everyone again.

Gene,
Tell Bea to get better soon.

Quick Reply: SF thank you