S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The time has come

Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Scoops of Happiness"...so appropriate!

Fact: Grandkids LOVE riding in the S2000. The main reason I wish I still had my S2000...My granddaughter never got a chance to ride in it, and she continually chastises me about selling it.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 AM

My vote for what it's worth is to not sell the car. The expenses that you are paying for now have to be minimal, and I have to agree with almost everyone else that your son will look back and say "boy am I glad I had this time with dad" or (God forbid) "I remember when dad and I would go out once a year on our annual drive". Financially at this point I think this is a small price to pay for fantastic memories. Besides it took us five years to get back together as the Vintage family and I don't want that to happen again.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't visit this forum as much as I should, and will try to do so more often in the future. You guys are great! Rob, best of luck to you whatever your decision, but like many others have expressed, I just could not face the thought of parting with my S, even after 12 years.

The most surprising comments in this post (for me, specifically) are related to how infrequently many people say they drive their S2000. Wow. Perhaps because it's my daily drive, that I can't imagine EVER thinking it would be a chore to drive (top up in 6 seconds) or that it's been too hot for a convertible (use the AC in the afternoon and enjoy the HECK out of those beautiful soft, summer nights), etc, etc.

Even my daily commute to work (with Charlotte traffic) can put a smile on my face just from the sheer joy of taking one corner. (ENJOY that trip to the grocery store!) With all of the encouraging words everyone here has shown to Rob, I hope it inspires some to just take it out and drive your little beauty more often. I know it makes me a happier person. Every. Single. Day.

Besides, without it, how would I have ever met some of you good people?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 810 Posts

^^^Well said, Sheila!!

Maybe seeing all these posts will make Rob come to his senses. Like you, I daily drive my S, and it currently has over 102,000 miles on it. I am in the middle of a trip from Delaware to Golden, Colorado, and return, and so far, it has performed flawlessly. How could you not love to drive this little car???
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM

Received 362 Likes on 220 Posts

Rob,Rob! I can't believe it! Sign up for Fall Crawl and join us all for another big meet! All of your great friends from New England will be there and it will give you a second event to enjoy this year in the car! THEN make a decision.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I hope it never sells.

Then he'll just HAVE to keep it.

And Rob, I can't believe you're leaving us. You were one of the first "S" persons I met after joining S2KI and S2KCA.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM

Go ahead and sell your car, Rob. Then when you come to your senses sometime in the future, you can track it down and buy it back...for a higher price, of course.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 2,907 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes Man
Go ahead and sell your car, Rob. Then when you come to your senses sometime in the future, you can track it down and buy it back...for a higher price, of course.

My brother in law had a 66 Chevelle SS or some such muscle car. He's pined away for it over the years. His son has actually located the vehicle and it's not far from where they live. The nephew tried to buy it back for his Dad. The current owner is not selling. Don't let that happen to you, Rob.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Will you take 15.5 if I fly up there to get it? I'll hold it for you until you come to your senses and buy it back for 19. That's all the scratch I've got right now.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 1,426 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
Will you take 15.5 if I fly up there to get it? I'll hold it for you until you come to your senses and buy it back for 19. That's all the scratch I've got right now.
Nope. 19,000 take it or leave it.

Since I haven't gotten any bites I guess I'm stuck with it. I guess I'll just have to keep it a few more years. After all this you all better come to Pebble Beach to cheer me on.

Quick Reply: The time has come