S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Upcoming Charity event

Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 AM

Received 793 Likes on 439 Posts
Default Upcoming Charity event

All,

Just wanted to spread the word about an upcoming charity event that I organize. You may have seen posts about it in previous years. Normally, I'm at Ken's MWG with raffle tickets, but was unable to attend this year. Many of you have bought tickets there in the past.

I will start by saying that I absolutely know that charity is a very personal thing; that people choose to or choose not to support a charity based on their personal experiences and beliefs or the specific work that a charity supports. I don't presume that I am any different than you or that this charity is any more or less worthy than any other. I'm merely sharing some information in the hopes there may be a few dollars out there to help us out. So, saying that..... drumroll please......

I'm pleased to announce that the Greater Trenton Dart League is hosting Darts for Dreams 9 to benefit Make A Wish New Jersey. The event is on May 3rd, 2014. The doors open at noon and we'll go until about 6 or 7 PM. The event has raised almost $135,000 in 8 years and our 2014 goal is another $25,000. All proceeds from the event go to MAWNJ with only one stipulation, that the money supports the wishes of children in Mercer County NJ, where our league and majority of our players live and play. We've sponsored 21 wishes so far and hope we can raise enough for 3 or 4 more this year.

Besides the link above, you can follow our facebook event page, and if you choose to help out, can use the online donation form to make a donation. If you do that and your employer matches, don't forget to complete that process as well. If you'd prefer to help by buying raffles, you can use the donation form, and then mail or PM me that you'd like to get raffles instead. The prizes for the raffle are a 50" Vizion Smart TV, and Apple iPad and a Microsoft XBox One. If you win however, you're responsible for shipping to get it to you. Alternatively, if you're OK with it, you can paypal to me directly, I'll put cash in the money box and fill out the raffle tickets for you. I'm very flexible and hopefully you believe me trustworthy.

Of course if you're in the area, and want to get a few cheap drinks, some deep fried food for lunch, shoot some darts, have some fun and win some prizes - feel free to show up and say Hi!

Thanks for considering,

Gary
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

For the kids.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 AM

Thanks Lainey-

To give info I neglected- The raffle tickets are $5, and there are three prizes, not a choice. We'll pull three tickets out of the barrel and randomly put them in envelopes with the three prizes randomized in them. Double blind raffles!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:45 PM

Haven't bumped this in 2 months. Maybe some interest as we get closer.

If anyone wants to hear a little about the event - tune in to Internet Darts Talk Show - Dart Talk... tonight at 8 PM Central Time. I'll be one of the guests.

Gary
Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 AM

Just a little blurb and thank you to those who helped with a donation or by buying raffle tickets.

Darts for Dreams 9 was another huge success this year. We had 81 people show up on a very nice Saturday afternoon to hang out in a local social hall and gym. They chose to forgo a beautiful day, some communion activity, even Spring Fling 2014 to shoot darts and help out the kids.

The group shot a collective 8874 darts or on average about 100 each, however, we get a lot of non-players out to win prizes and spend money, so lets say there were really about 40 active shooters, about 200 each (or 4 entries into the event). A total of 150 sponsors helped us out, from local restaurants, shops and businesses to regional sports teams to the global darts community (we had sponsors ship merchandise from both New Zealand and Japan this year!). The sponsorships include both financial support and merchandise. In total, we raffled or auctioned off 120 or so items, plus gave out gift bags with merchandise to everyone in attendance.

Overall, the event raised about $26,400!!! through the various mechanism we have in place for the event. That makes the nine year total just over $161,000 and more importantly, twenty-five wishes for kids in NJ facing life-threatening medical conditions.

If anyone still wants to help out, the online form is still active at : http://friends.wish.org/003-000/page...r-Dreams-9.htm . I believe it automatically gets turned off in 30 days.

Thanks again!