S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What makes a meet great, part VI

Old 06-12-2006, 03:51 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Yes, I chose that motel as a test of your tolerance for pain. Did I see someone mention roadkill? That must have brought back some memories for a few of you.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:50 AM

Received 729 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Jun 12 2006, 06:51 AM
Yes, I chose that motel as a test of your tolerance for pain.
bad, MsPerky, bad, bad girl
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Jun 11 2006, 11:02 PM
There were so many special moments at this meet, it is hard to know where to start or what order to put my thoughts in.
I would say you did extremely well both here as well as on the boat Saturday night.

I too appreciate all the efforts from not only all the organizers, but all the wonderful vintage members I had the chance to finally meet.

Eric and I were more than happy to do what we did, it is after all, what we do. Sunday a small group of us went for another run and after it was all said and done, I have to say I think there are lot's of people who have a new found respect for the roads in the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 AM

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Bill,

Your post is great. You've expressed so much of what has been going on in my head during and after this meet. It's great being your co CO. You do an excellent job of rallying the troops.

Thanks to those who have given me a "good job as CO compliment." You folks are making it easy on me. Somewhere along the line I've become a social butterfly, and I'm having a heck of a good time with all of you. As I've said before, this place has brought out a side of me I didn't know I had. It's been so much fun. All weekend I was dead tired, but couldn't sleep. I was like a kid, I didn't want to miss a thing.

As Rob says, "it's the people." This weekend proved that yet again. From Val's antics, to Granny's music machine, to Virginija's singing, and Sheila singing along while dealing with T-Shirts, it was a blast. We now have Matt as one of the "Ronnettes" and one of our PreVints, (Jeff or John) was right up there too. You have Jim driving from TX, Patty flying in from CA. You have Tachus (Catherine and Alan) almost ready to hit the road from MI to CT for the Nor'Easter, especially now that Legal Bill has assured them it's only a couple hours of driving time. One meet and they are hooked.

We were talking to PokS2K on Saturday evening about the connection we all feel. You may have met someone only once or twice, but due to time spent here, there is a connection. Many people won't "get it", but that's OK as we all do.

For some reason, we can wear our hearts on our sleeves with each other and that is the best. Patty's ribbons for Tom were a special touch and a good example of our closeness and our connection. One of the ribbons will be placed in my photo album of S2000 events that we have attended. Thank you again, Patty.

I'm sure I'll post yet again as I think of more to say. My mind is still going 100 mph.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Jun 12 2006, 09:24 AM
You have Tachus (Catherine and Alan) almost ready to hit the road from MI to CT for the Nor'Easter
They joined Marco/Denise, John/Jeff, Eric and I on Sunday, and we went blasting along on another great romp. We stopped at Glenora for a tasting and in general just continued the fun from Saturday. They are so very, very hooked...
Old 06-12-2006, 06:54 AM

Received 2,798 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jun 12 2006, 10:42 AM
They joined Marco/Denise, John/Jeff, Eric and I on Sunday, and we went blasting along on another great romp. We stopped at Glenora for a tasting and in general just continued the fun from Saturday. They are so very, very hooked...
I LOVE it.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I chatted with John at the Showboat for a bit...he told me this was one of the better groups they've had. He did say not as many peeps showed for breakfast either morning as he expected - too much partying the night before, I suppose.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:01 AM

Received 729 Likes on 446 Posts

Nope -- we went to the restaurant up the street because they had a better breakfast. Sorry, John.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too want to thank the organizers and particularly those individuals (e.g. Doug, Eric, Bill, Jonas, Lainey, Sheila, etc) whose extra efforts made this a fun and successful meet. The WG certainly exceeded inititial expectations and was a fruitful conversation topic Sat night. Patty, thanks for joining me on the WG laps, and also for your enthusiasm and personal efforts on everyody's behalf. Personally, I enjoyed being able to put faces to sceen names, meeting up with several old friends, and making many new acquaintences. Again, kudos to everybody for making this a special memorance, and I hope to meet you all again down the road.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob: Nice meeting you. Thanks for your herc to-and-from effort and bringing the superb event memerobilia. You certainly packed a lot into a short period of time!! See you next time aound.

Quick Reply: What makes a meet great, part VI