S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-23-2023, 06:17 AM

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
I'm going to help a sponsor of my charity event who owns a skateboard shop in the area. They are doing a skateboard competition at a local park. I volunteered to take some pics. We then have the kickoff of the dart season picnic after that. Sunday, not sure yet, then dinner at Mom's for Yom Kippur.

I just turned down an invite for tomorrow to a very exclusive course in the area. I guess I spent enough at a recent golf outing to get a call to play by one of the board members. Unfortunately, I have a few key meetings tomorrow, a meeting with my financial advisor plus dinner with Mom to help around the house and book our flights to Florida in December. Good news, for my donation, I won 4 baskets (3 get re-used at my event) and left with 3 gift certificates at private courses in the area. One is Metedekonck, rated top 15-20 in NJ, against the likes of Baltusrol, Pine Valley, Liberty and Trump National. MGC had one of the lower tours there a few weeks ago. My friend won it last year, says its amazing. It was donated by Timothy Piazza of the Piazza Foundation (his some died in the hazing at Penn State a few years ago). He's probably not a bad connection to have. My friend is going to join me, and I'm going to join his group at Trump National, which he won.
if you are trying to make me jealous it worked.... but it is like torture since I can't play for a while.
although if I went out on one of those courses now it would be an embarrassment. Next year...
but seriously, that is awesome.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:10 AM

Received 3,901 Likes on 3,087 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Tack strips don't look degraded at all so no need to muck with them.
The 'fun' part is getting all of the old staples up but an Estwing cat's paw makes pretty short work of it.
The bedroom and the hallway get formally measured by installer Tuesday.
Odd room shapes make efficient use of carpet tough.
I thought of this thread last week. We did a couple of upstairs bedrooms and a hallway (install) in a not Robb size farmhouse, people must of been really short in the old days. Homeowner moved all the furniture out for us, except for the queen size bed and dresser in the middle of the floor, removed all the old carpet, except for the tack strips he didn't, removed all the staples and set the nails in the plywood except for the ones he didn't
Pulling out tack strips stuffed into the wall without ripping the sheetrock is a P.I.T.A.
Old 09-23-2023, 10:31 AM

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
if you are trying to make me jealous it worked.... but it is like torture since I can't play for a while.
although if I went out on one of those courses now it would be an embarrassment. Next year...
but seriously, that is awesome.
Once you get back to full speed, then retire and decide to tour NJ, we can get out and play.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:26 PM
tof

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Cruisin' the Coast started today. They are expecting 10,000 registered pre-1990 vehicles this year, plus many more who show up just to cruise around.

Probably no pics from me this year. I'm near the tail end of a nasty case of shingles. No, I didn't get the shot, but i sure will as soon as I am allowed.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:27 PM

Received 2,874 Likes on 1,672 Posts

So sorry about the shingles. What part of your body did it appear on? Hope your recovery is quick.....
Old 10-01-2023, 04:01 PM

Hope the shingles pass soon Mike.
Car show went well weather was perfect sunny and low 70’s. As I was going along the main road to the show I saw one of the residents walking so I picked her up and gave her a ride in the S top down everybody got a kick out of it when we pulled up to the home.
Hard to pick a favorite but the one that would be my first choice to drive would be a Caterham. Weighs 1250 pounds and has 240 horsepower! One car didn’t make it home it is still out in the parking lot wouldn’t start big shocker it’s a TR-6

Old 10-01-2023, 04:19 PM

^^^Don’t mind me just realized I posted in another thread that we had a car show at the retirement home I work at this afternoon. That is what I am referring to above.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:47 PM

Received 5,207 Likes on 3,115 Posts

OH MY Mike, my mother had that. She said it was the most painful thing she ever experienced. Sorry to hear of you troubles.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:10 AM
tof

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Shingles are on my torso from my spine, extending around my left side to my breast bone.

Painful but I'm improving a little day by day after about six weeks.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (10-02-2023)
Old 10-02-2023, 06:27 AM

Received 947 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Shingles are on my torso from my spine, extending around my left side to my breast bone.

Painful but I'm improving a little day by day after about six weeks.
Mike, I am very sorry to hear that you are dealing with a bad case of shingles.

Am I understanding you correctly that you have had symptoms for about six weeks now?

Were you put on an antiviral drug or was it diagnosed too late for that?

I hope that you continue to improve and that you feel better soon.
The following users liked this post:
MsPerky (10-02-2023)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?