S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What's your current fancy?

Old 07-17-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by toekneer
Originally Posted by RMurphy
toe: Interesting placement choice. So, which do you figure Sandeep is: sane, idiot, lunatic or dullard? sandeep: I hear ya on the stuck. You just need to enjoy your vacation time. Even your wife said so, right?! We'll tear up SoW and get you right.
I don't know who Sandeep is or SoW. I guess my point is that airtime used to be devoted to persons with something worthwhile to say. I love to have discussions of controversial subjects and argue either side. It's sad this doesn't happen all the time, not just on Charlie Rose or Bill Moyers. We are obsessed with PC and yet polite social discourse is disappearing. I don't get it. I thought I was replying S2k4 life in AZ. WTH. Sent by carrier pigeon
Where is that pot-stirring icon when a gal needs it?

Sandeep is s2k4life_az's first name. He introduced himself a week or so ago here in Vintage (in the intro thread). I also happen to have met him so it's easier for me to remember his name.

SoW is Streets of Willow. It's part of the Willow Springs Raceway motorsports complex near Lancaster, CA (it's a race track in the CA desert). We (me and about 15 other people, including Sandeep) are going there on August 10 for a track day. As fate would have it, it falls within some much needed vacation time which Sandeep will be taking.

Pain meds are a pita, eh?
Old 07-17-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by toekneer
Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
New to vintage. You ask a good question. So here it is. I'm working for the MAN! Pays the bills. Driving the S very little. Salivating over my next dream car. Trying not to melt in AZ summer heat. Being a supportive Dad and Husband. Wondering if this is the dream life? Definitely need to get unstuck and enjoy life a bit. Think I forgot how to do that in the middle of all this business. Enough said.
When you meet your responsibilities and are accountable for you actions you are an adult in my opinion. Is it the dream life? That is relative to many things; job security, economic security, physical safety, fair treatment in lifestyle choices. I'm not stuck, but I am concerned for my grandchildren having the opportunities I had. The world changes. I hope it is changing for the better. I don't know how to evaluate that with the s**tstorm of misinformation, disinformation, propaganda and outright lies we see and hear. I love the internet, but every sane man, idiot and lunatic has a voice and many dullards will blindly follow any voice. Glad a new voice is on the forum. Keep us posted on that next dream car.

Sent by carrier pigeon
That is all well said. I see our passion for the S in the above descriptions of life. We enjoy the drive. Sure we may work but that can be satisfying. Providing for the family, watching your kids grow up, sharing your life with your spouse watching (her) grow in wisdom and beauty like a wonderful wine. I try to worry about the stuff I can change and try, try not to get wrapped up in what I cannot. I worry about myself ( I hold myself to standards I would never hold anyone else) and not get too involved in other people's stuff. Still need to work on that!

I am pretty new to the forum scene having owned my S for 2 years. I am a little surprised how well I have come to know some folks. I tend to keep things pretty close to my chest and am very mindful of what is linked to me (or can be linked) on the internet. I never use my name. (I blew it on the Vintage signup)

Still working for a few more years and although mergers and bankruptcies have destroyed my expectations, I trust in Providence, keep a stiff upper lip, and enjoy my life as much as I can. I can tell you I am truly grateful for having the career path that I have. I fits me and my personality. I absolutely love my work. Thank you God for placing me in what I was made for. My wife is working as well with a local HS. We are now empty nesters and are amazed how much our bills have fallen with the departure of the kids. Share a Hobie with a friend who also does R/C and shooting stuff. Still trying to improve my fly fishing, was raised on salt water so its been a challenge for me to become an entomologist. Spent a few years volunteering out at a local prison through my Parish (who would have thought) and I found it very rewarding. You never know something until you teach it! I will probably continue in that vein after retirement as I cannot imagine myself cycling through the golf course for the rest of my life. Enjoy our little cabin up in the Sierras near Truckee/Donner Lake (that is where I am now). Next week I am heading off for a week of backpacking to Lake Aloha in Desolation Wilderness for our annual men only trip. Great fishing, food, scenery, and friends. I feel the closest to God up there (here).

Politics? I guess. I found out the hard way the rules of the road on this forum. I will only say I do not have a particularly good feeling about the direction we are going. I sense we have passed some "tipping point" and things are going to get worse before they get better. I say that as an eternal optimist. I am aware history can regurgitate similar sentiments with the state of affairs of various powers that be (have been). We read about the rise and fall of them. Many have charted the course we seem to be following.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He sounded like a good guy with an intellignt reply. Please consider my age. My pot stirring arm is tired. Hell, I can hardly lift a joint. Just tryin to not get spammed, spoofed, phished or rear-ended by a goat herder. Apologies in advance to goat herders.

Sent from byte heaven
Old 07-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

No offense taken. I just meant I was in a rut like many of us get when we just forgo things that we really want to do. Roseanne is a good friend with good advise for me. I'm looking forward to some me time later this month. Most of you don't know me except Roseanne but I'm a very ambitious person that always likes to keep busy on a variety of things at home and work. Sometimes life has a way of engulfing you and taking you off track in directions you don't necessarily enjoy. I'm blessed to have a wonderful family, a job providing for my family, and great friends.

On another note, I've decided to enjoy life a bit more doing things that excite me or feel passionate about. I'm going to my first Auto X event tomorrow. I'm planning on getting my RCFE so I can work in a career path that is more rewarding and satisfying. Also started exercising which had always been a huge part of my life. Trying to get "unstuck" if you know what I mean.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
toe: sandeep: I hear ya on the stuck. You just need to enjoy your vacation time. Even your wife said so, right?! We'll tear up SoW and get you right.
I'm totally looking forward to this. Should be loads of fun. Thanks Roseanne.