S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Winter Storage

Old 11-27-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Ours is in the one car garage with the Motorcycle and Snowblower. We got a upmarket enclosure for the Bugeye. The Fiat and BRZ will be living on the driveway.

As to winterization New oil and filters, battery charged and topped up every month or so. Full fuel with Stabilizer and covers. (S, Bugeye and Bike) I move the S from time to time and over the last few Winters even go for a few short drive weather and roads permitting.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This year the S2000 gets its own home for the winter. We built a shed and specifically sized it to be large enough to store a car inside. My winter preparation will consist of stuffing some rags into the intake and exhaust and running an extension cord to power a trickle charger.

Winter Storage-emzlm5d.jpg
Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

^^^
Nice shed.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I've been looking at small houses for sale that have big lots and big garages. Unfortunately i don't find many and the garages just aren't quite big enough. I'd rather find what I want than go through the hassle of building it. Most of Massachusetts has difficult zoning laws regarding the size and siting of out buildings. In any event, my plan is to buy the small house on a big lot, use the property for my over-sized garage for boat and car workshop/storage, and rent the house. I've done the math and the rent should cover all my costs while the appreciation of the real estate will eventually be my return on investment.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Received 2,768 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I've been looking at small houses for sale that have big lots and big garages. Unfortunately i don't find many and the garages just aren't quite big enough. I'd rather find what I want than go through the hassle of building it. Most of Massachusetts has difficult zoning laws regarding the size and siting of out buildings. In any event, my plan is to buy the small house on a big lot, use the property for my over-sized garage for boat and car workshop/storage, and rent the house. I've done the math and the rent should cover all my costs while the appreciation of the real estate will eventually be my return on investment.
And where will you reside? In the same large house, or downsize and buy a smaller home? Will you build this oversize garage on the big lot or is a small house, big garage large lot out there waiting for you?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 AM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Lots of room this year. I've got garage space for 5 vehicles and currently only have 3.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Where does the land exist there for you to do this? Land in the DC area, even way out, is very expensive. Developers buy up a lot of it. So I assume you are thinking a rural area wherever that is? How far away from where you live are you willing to travel? Or are you relocating to a more rural area yourself? It does sound like a great idea if you can find the right piece of property.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Lots of room this year. I've got garage space for 5 vehicles and currently only have 3.
I have the opposite problem. 4 cars and only 2 garage spots. Stuffing them all in there at once is doable, but a pain.

Winter Storage-iwqy2iq.jpg
Old 12-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

I like your shed Eric, nice to see you posting.....Merrry Christmas!
Levi
Old 12-07-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
I like your shed Eric, nice to see you posting.....Merrry Christmas!
Levi
Thanks Levi. Merry Christmas to you as well.

I figured it would be a shame to put in all that work as a pre-vint and then not post anything in the vintage section once I'm official.

Quick Reply: Winter Storage