S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Best Leather treatment

Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Voodoo Blend from Surf City Garage but I will like to try out Lexol as well.
I've heard that you massage the leather with the treatment and your live it on for 15-20 minutes so it will penetrate and then use a micro fiber towel to get it out. Is that true? If not, what's the best way to apply and remove the leather treatment?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spray on to applicator pad, Microfiber or foam, apply, then remove with a towel/microfiber. For the cleaning portion you may also use a brush.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM

I'm not a huge fan of cleaner/condition in one. I used zymol cleaner and zymol condition for a while. it's been my favorite combo so far. I would clean every time I polish/wax, and condition every other wash. I recently switched to einszett cleaner/conditioner (as I completely contradict my first sentence) just because DetailerDomain used it on one of his details. Still seeing how much I like it though.

i've also heard good things about lexol too. and ALL of zaino stuff smells fantastic. Like dimetap/grapes lol.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:24 PM

I have a Harley shop local. Their leather treatment is pretty bare bones. No added smells and you have to clean them before applying but it really softens the seat. Plus you can get your p21s wheel cleaner there too!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by indopinoy
and ALL of zaino stuff smells fantastic. Like dimetap/grapes lol.
Thankfully, Z9 & Z10 do not. I'm not sure smell is the best indicator of leather cleaner and conditioner performance but they both seemed to work well when I used them.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used several of the mentioned products and as far as I can tell, they all seem to work. At present, I'm using Lexol, Megs(Bottle and wipes) and Optima. I just alternate the products and hope for the best. Lexol is greasy so I do use this product sparingly and plan on continuing with the alternating method. I also agree that if your seats need to be cleaned, buy a seperate standalone cleaner and avoid the cleaner-conditioner combo products.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by takeshi
Originally Posted by indopinoy' timestamp='1312060172' post='20831373
and ALL of zaino stuff smells fantastic. Like dimetap/grapes lol.
Thankfully, Z9 & Z10 do not. I'm not sure smell is the best indicator of leather cleaner and conditioner performance but they both seemed to work well when I used them.
maybe the quick detailer smell jaded me.... or maybe after hours of detailing in the heat, anything smelled better than me. haha

but agreed, smell shouldn't be taken into consideration. ex. Sonax wheel cleaner smells horrid, but works pretty good.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you wouldn't want your car smelling like barf, smell is just a nice add-on feature, especially when it smells like cleanliness and not overpowering. You could always use an air freshener spray from a good company anyways when you clean or just every few days. I keep one in my trunk or glove box depending on size.
The most fruity tooty smelling products I own are made by "Wheel Wax" One reeks fruity tooty, and I think the tire dressing smells like cinnamon rolls xD.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX
Well you wouldn't want your car smelling like barf
If your seats are smelling like barf that's an entirely different issue from maintaining them.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boricua
To be honest I just want a good product that does the job and affordable, something that you can buy almost anywhere.
Honda Factory Leather Kit.

Good product, affordable, and you can buy at any Honda dealership.

Use the cleaner first then apply the conditioner. It gives a subtle glow to the seats like new leather, not the "armor-all" glossy shine.

Quick Reply: Best Leather treatment