S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Car got Egged and i need some help with what to do now

Old 08-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car got Egged and i need some help with what to do now

Hi all, Last night my car got an egg thrown at it and it broke on the hood. Well, the associated scratches that happen as the egg breaks, I know I am stuck with, but even after washing there is basically an outline of where the egg was on the car. It did not bubble the paint or anything like that, so thats good, but i wanted to see if what i have done and plan on doing once it cools off enough tonight is enough.

Done Already
1) filed police report
2) washed it off
3) clay bar hood

Will do once it cools off
4)Polish with menzerna super intensive polish
5)Polish with Menzerna Finishing Glaze
6)Wax with 1Z einszett Glanz Wax

If you have any other ideas, I am welcome to hearing them. Crappy situation I know, but i just want to get it taken care of and put it behind me. Thanks all.

-Ian
Old 08-07-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Definitely go with your list, it`s likely the best you can do to tackle it. The polishing step might be the key to getting it fixed. I have heard of guys who got egged and something about the egg permanently etched their paint and they needed to have a re-paiint. Maybe you got yours cleaned up fast enough and it might work. Good luck with it, keep us posted on the results, I can`t believe people actually go out of their way to egg vehicles, totally bonehead move.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Well as an update, I have been able to pretty much get rid of everything except for the egg shaped explosion scratch from the egg shell. I am just glad it didnt do anything worse than it did.

-Ian
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Ian, glad to hear you got the worst out.

The key is using a polish/scratch remover. You can certainly do that by hand but an orbital buffer works wonders.

As long as the egg didn't sit long in the hot sun you should be able to get the remainder out of the paint.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 PM

I am going to go over it again with the 7424 this weekend and spend some extra time in those areas. Hopefully i can get it looking better. Thanks for the advise.

-Ian
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

After you get it finished you might consider a sealant over the wax for that extra margin of protection.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 AM

That happened to my car, too. I know what you mean about the "explosion" mark left behind. I took my car to the body shop and was told that I would ultimately need to get the panel repainted. Hopefully by polishing the section you will be able to reduce its visibility and make it tolerable. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen up! Pay attention! For future reference:

Most important part when getting egged is wash it off immediately. Do not let it get baked in.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the help. I am no longer parking my car at my apartment. It is in my storage unit and is locked up. I really only drive it when I want to play or when I go to the track. Thanks again though for your input.

-Ian
Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My car got egged once before a final in college. QUICKLY get a towel sopping wet and rehydrate the egg, then it is essentially neutralized, removed the shell fragments and spray it off.

Quick Reply: Car got Egged and i need some help with what to do now