S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

LanceM Detailed: 2007 Black MB Swissvax and Z*mol

Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LanceM Detailed: 2007 Black MB Swissvax and Z*mol

This detail was for an important client. My mom. My bro and I bought her this car after we got our jobs after college. So, I decided to hook her up. She sometimes brings it to the swirlomatic even though I tell her not to. She says she doesn
Old 04-20-2008, 05:44 PM

I started by dusting the interior with a static cloth and also cleaned the interior with a swissvax brush.

I then vacuumed the interior. After that I shampooed the carpets with Meguire's All Purpose cleaner diluted 10:1. I also used this solution as a cleaner on the rubber pieces.

Carpets shampooed and wet vac'd:

Old 04-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Next I dressed the rubber/plastic interior parts with 303 Aerospace. It left a nice finish and I buffed off any excess for a natural look.

I then cleaned the windows with IG and with a detailers domain glass cloth. I really liked this cloth as it picked up all the IG and left a nice streak free finish.

I then wanted to address the wood panels. The wood had fine swirls and scratches. However, I could not get a good picture of these. I used Swissvax cleaner fluid on the wood panels and buffed off. This left a very nice luster as usual. It also filled in the fine swirls and scratches. I then applied Swissvax wood polish. This stuff smelled good and also was easy to work with (just like the SV waves). I applied using a CG foam applicator and let it sit for 5 minutes and buffed off with a DD MF. I really liked the finish the wood polish left.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Next, I used Swissvax Leather Cleaner and brush to clean the leather. I noticed the cleaner cleaned very well especially using the brush. The dirt and stains were removed pretty easily. After this, I used an applicator to apply Swissvax Leather Milk. I applied and let it sit for 30 min. The leather milk left a nice matte finish and also left the leather nice and supple. Comparing the Swissvax leather products to the zaino I used. I like the results of the Swissvax better, but the smell isn
Old 04-20-2008, 05:45 PM

After the interior was complete, I decided to do the wheels. I had a request to rotate and check the pressure of the tires, so I got the floor jack and jack stands out. While, I was there I decided to clean the fenderwells and undercarriage with Megs APC 4:1 and dress it with CG Bare bones. The rear fenderwell was lined with carpet. Megs APC 10:1 then Vac.

The wheels were cleaned wiith P21S wheel gel and agitated with a sponge, swissvax wheel brush, q tips and foam finger covers. After they were clean, I applied Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and waxed with AutoBahn.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM

After the wheels were done, I torqued all wheels to 80 ft/lbs and then moved to the engine. I used Megs degreaser and APC to clean it. Then dressed with 303 Aerospace on the plastic and Honda shin-etsu grease. I use this on my seals on the s2k aswell.

I started rinsing the car, when I noticed the trim by the windshield was dull. I applied a pea sized amount to an old NXT applicator and spread. I really liked the results.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM

After rinsing, I foamed with a high concentration of CG CWG and washed with this also. I then clayed with Meguires blue medium clay and lubed with mothers. There were quite a bit of swirls from the swirlomatic and various scratches. I also noticed trim was heavily oxidized. I polished the trim and it left a few of my pads black

Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM

I decided to try SIP and an cobra crosscut orange pad. I thought these pads were pretty good. After SIP, I checked with the brinkman and saw some good results. I brought the car out in the sun and I still saw swirls. I went over with SIP and an orange with the flex at 5.5 again. I noticed SIP didn
Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM

I then applied Swissvax Pneu to the tires. I liked this stuff. I sprayed on the tire, spread with a foam pad, let sit for 5min and then buffed off. I liked the look it left. Semi shine and natural look. Smelled like concorso. lol

Now it was time to apply the LSP. I chose to use Z hd cleanse and Z Vintage. I thought I was prepared for HD cleanse from my experience with cleaner fluid. Man was I wrong. HD cleanse was a pain! I finished the car swearing and hating this stuff. I wont use it again. I applied Vintage to the s2k without it and didn
Old 04-20-2008, 05:48 PM

The trunk cleaned up nicely

Quick Reply: LanceM Detailed: 2007 Black MB Swissvax and Z*mol