S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mothers Clay Bar 2.0

Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabre
I've used Kenotek Showroom Shine lately from Detailers Domain and holy smokes is that stuff awesome. Great shine, nice finish, easy to apply and holds up pretty well if a decent base of sealant already on the car.
Also, rather than clay, I've started turning to Nanoskin pads. they're faster, and do the exact same thing, but do not need remolding and are reusable for quite some time before needing to be tossed.
Their own lubricant, Glide, is concentrated so you dilute it as needed so it goes quite a long way.

I've found that I can "clay" a car in half the time with a Nanoskin.
That sounds good but what's the cost?
Old 06-29-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
How well does that Voodoo treatment work?
It brought the seats back to life in my Mustang. It won't work miracles but they are a lot softer and cleaner than they were with other products. I am still going to re-skin them in a year or two but this buys time. It makes me wish I had taken more care of seats before it became too late.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
It brought the seats back to life in my Mustang. It won't work miracles but they are a lot softer and cleaner than they were with other products. I am still going to re-skin them in a year or two but this buys time. It makes me wish I had taken more care of seats before it became too late.
That sounds good. Unfortunately that's true - its important to protect them from day 1 if possible. This is especially true when buying second hand cars like the majority of us have done here. The previous owners may have taken care of the car but they probably didn't know about advanced leather care, etc. I'm so surprised that my AP1 steering wheel while in great virtually new condition felt even better with a light coat of Meg's Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner I use on my (red) seats and door pads!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clay bars themselves are a thing of the past

I've had great success with Optimum clay towel. Using ONR diluted to clay lube ratio as lubrication. On initial usage you have to "break" the towel in on glass, but after that it can clay a car effortlessly and in a timely manner.
should be able to get 15 or so uses out of a towel, depending on how contaminated the paint is
Old 07-03-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by gonadwarrior
Clay bars themselves are a thing of the past

I've had great success with Optimum clay towel. Using ONR diluted to clay lube ratio as lubrication. On initial usage you have to "break" the towel in on glass, but after that it can clay a car effortlessly and in a timely manner.
should be able to get 15 or so uses out of a towel, depending on how contaminated the paint is
That sounds handy!
Old 07-07-2018, 02:18 PM

This is what my interior looks like after Voodoo. I think it has UV protection in it too. The model is just there from a photo shoot. I don't drive like that.

This is what I used the model for.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 07-07-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:27 AM

This is what my interior looks like after Voodoo. I think it has UV protection in it too. The model is just there from a photo shoot. I don't drive like that.

This is what I used the model for.
Nice pics

What do you plan on doing about the driver's bolster discolouration/tearing? I've seen a video on YouTube where a guy used closely matched paint from a spray can on a cloth then ran the cloth along the problem areas/cracks of the leather. He dropped a little bit of turps on that cloth with the paint then applied it. It actually coloured in those areas nicely. Then he finished it with a coat of leather cleaner and conditioner. Seems to have worked well enough.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:22 PM

I may try dye. I was looking at https://www.seatdoctors.com/blog/201...h-red-interior
I don't have any tearing, just surface wear.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:52 PM

I may try dye. I was looking at https://www.seatdoctors.com/blog/201...h-red-interior
I don't have any tearing, just surface wear.
That came out good!
I have wear in the same area as you. Inconspicuous with the seatbelt resting on top off it haha. Would like to try that dye.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:01 AM

I am going to order some. I already have an airbrush to feather it in. I'll write a blog article about it when I do.

Quick Reply: Mothers Clay Bar 2.0