S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Old 06-08-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Hey has anyone used that Mr. Clean Auto Dry?? That product is remarkable! My cousin used that cleaner for my car, and it was completely spotless, as if it was showroom shine. He said he only spent a couple minutes on the car, but it looked very impressive.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good review-
we have reviewed the product here with a bit different conclusions... it is nice to have other opinions too-
most thought that better shampoos are out there, and that the air dry was not a good idea. they did like the filter and several will continue to use the filter.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10 AM

Wow, I'm sorta suprised by your results.

I think a major factor might be how "hard" the water being used is? and whether the filter can remove enough particles?

I guess I am in the "No way in Freeking Hell will I just let my car air dry" camp. In fact depending on the time of year and if the wind is blowing, I need to dry things rather fast as it is to prevent the waterspots (and never in the sun of course).

One Idea I have yet to put in motion is simply taking one of the in-line water filtration kits from a harware store (very affordable) and just having a short section of hose to go to the filter (mount maybe under the deck, or outa view) and then the rest fo the hose should screw on to the output end of the filter. The filters you can buy at the hardware/Home improvement chaings are much better and cartridges can be bought to filter much smaller particles than I would guess Mr Clean can.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the replies. The car was air dried inside a garage, if that observation helps.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:35 AM

The water spots most of us avoid like the plauge are caused by the minerals we find in tap water. Yours must be low enough to allow the Mr clean filter to remove enough so the deposites don't form (again this kinda gussing on my part). If I wash and allow to dry in the garage I can still get a water spot.

FWIW, I am glad this works for you ... sometimes I wish there was a better answer for me.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:07 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

The wash stuff has sheeting agents in it as well to help get the water off the car. None of this stuff works well at my house because I have crappy water pressure but at my parents house it worked great.

Mark
Old 06-08-2004, 01:53 PM

I purchased this to use on my wife's SUV since I hate washing it sometimes. However, I think I'm going to go back to tried and true methods. I think it worked well enough, but I think I'm too anal when it comes to washing cars. It did leave some streaks, but that might be because I have really hard water where I live. Anyway, I ended up having to use a quick detailer afterwards which negated the time saving aspect of it so I decided not to use anymore.

-sam
Old 06-08-2004, 01:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sam- or maybe use the filter, but use your own car shampoo and dry it off?
(i would dry it with a blade and big blue)
Old 06-08-2004, 03:34 PM

I purchased it and used it three times also but it now sits in the garage with all the other auto detailing products I've tried but abandoned. It worked for me on a black car but I really found no long term advantage compared to the tried and true bucket, rinse, california blade, dry method.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my own soap and only use the filtered water to rinse the car. I still hand dry the entire car the only thing it does is allow me to be more casual about drying the car typically drying my Berlina is a frantic race against the spots but with the autodry I still need to do it by hand but I dont have to charge around the car.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Auto Dry