S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Pics of a Zaino-ed Sukuka Blue??

Old 06-22-2002, 06:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi guys,

My blue's been on the road a week now. Washed it very gently the other night I posted a picture on a thread in The Corner, but let's call that pre-Zaino.

I'm going to order my Zaino products on Monday (Clay, Z2 Polish, and I'm gonna try that ZFX additive). The feedback I've gotten thus far on s2ki helps me be kinda comfortable about using a bonding, synthetic product. I was a little worried, but the worst anyone has said is "well, it didn't seem any better than standard stuff." My big concern was long-term effect on the clearcoat (see https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=66712)

Anyway, I'll post pix after I do my application. The car looks so good to begin with that my expectations are actually like the hippocratic oath: do no harm!

Best wishes. --- C
Old 06-22-2002, 07:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh, hey, BTW tak...

If you plug in your VIN to your s2ki profile, you'll "graduate" from enthusiast to owner (if you want).

Tallyho.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Suzuka Blue home last Saturday & Zaino'd with 2 coats during the week-- deep shine, & oh, so smooth. Not sure the extra shine would show up in a picture, though. I'll take one, but don't have a digital handy, so will have to scan one in & see how it looks. I think you have to see the deep shine in person, though I would admit that I'm not sure that Zaino makes 'em shine any more than Zymol- I just prefer it. The car is a pleasure to care for, as it's so much smaller than my '99 30th TA !
Old 06-22-2002, 09:27 PM

I would love to see them when you get a chance! I am still (im)patiently waiting for mine to come in!
Old 06-22-2002, 09:40 PM

Hi Germ79,

Here's a picture of my suzuka after about 1 coat of Zaino. I think it is not as shiny, compared to say ... a black one.... but I think it does make quite a difference when you look at it in person.

BTW, congratulations on getting an S. I think suzuka blue is a great color ... and the rumors are that it will be a pretty exclusive color too (since this might be the only year it will be produced).
Old 06-22-2002, 11:06 PM

cksuen, looks great. Y'know, the color almost looks purple-ish in the photo. That's the interesting
thing about Suzuka; different shades of light give it different tones. Sometimes it appears
purple, or silver-blue, or blue steel. Very cool.

-V.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:35 PM

I have a suzuka S2k. and I am about to order the Zaino products. I'll post pics when I'm done

Mitch
Old 06-25-2002, 12:04 AM

Here yah go, 3 layers. 2 by hand, 1 by machine.

Old 06-25-2002, 01:10 AM

Great work and even better results, but wouldn't it be better to spend all that polishing time driving? just a thought
Old 06-25-2002, 05:11 AM
tak

Nice pics guys....

I agree that Zaino would definately look better on a black car. Funny how the color can effect paint differently. I will say one thing for the Suzuka, it hides flaws very well. It also will look clean when it isn't. I usually try to wash at least once a week. If the weather is bad and it gets dirty it still looks good (even though I know it is dirty). Funny that a lot of the compliments I get are when the car hasn't been washed in days. After using Zaino for several weeks, I do agree that it does help keep the car clean but not that much more than Zymol.

Got a couple of ideas from your posts. I really like the tape pulled from the window, it looks a lot cleaner.
Indecision, where did you get the clear side blinker lights? They definately look good.

As for "graduating" to owner, I am a little reluctant to put my VIN into a website... I will stay enthusiast for now.

Quick Reply: Pics of a Zaino-ed Sukuka Blue??