S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Scrapes under the bumper

Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapes under the bumper

Has anyone scraped the bottom of their front bumper? I was trying to go up my friends driveway and he has one of those sidewalks with the round side so while going into his driveway i scraped and when I looked under the bumper some paint has been taken off.

Is this something that a detail shop can touch up for a reasonable cost ? I know its only visible if you look underneath but it bugs me that I did it.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

better question would be - is there anyone who hasnt scraped their bumper!!

got pics? depending on how bad it is, you might be able to polish it out. if its through the paint, you will need to go beyond polish.

we had a post not too long ago from a member who had a suggestion for some parts that he puts under his bumper to protect it from being scratched up.

if you have to sand it, this is what is involved:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=S...=0#entry4696450

-----

hey, by the way- i just got a nomination for your post...
the nomination was that this is evidence that you are just like us- wacko enough to worry about the underside of the car qualifies you for the coveted wacko badge that most of us here wear with pride.
if you are interested in one, pm me and i will make sure its in your posts!
Old 02-19-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about the scraping, it's bound to happen again... and again. Even at stock height there are still some driveways I can't get up without scraping. It sounds awful but it's just a part of owning this car...
Old 02-20-2007, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe,Feb 19 2007, 05:23 PM
better question would be - is there anyone who hasnt scraped their bumper!!

got pics? depending on how bad it is, you might be able to polish it out. if its through the paint, you will need to go beyond polish.

we had a post not too long ago from a member who had a suggestion for some parts that he puts under his bumper to protect it from being scratched up.

if you have to sand it, this is what is involved:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=S...=0#entry4696450

-----

hey, by the way- i just got a nomination for your post...
the nomination was that this is evidence that you are just like us- wacko enough to worry about the underside of the car qualifies you for the coveted wacko badge that most of us here wear with pride.
if you are interested in one, pm me and i will make sure its in your posts!
I sent you a PM. Thanks for that link. I need to find out where I can get a paint pen. I have never heard of those before.

Thanks,

You're right I probably should not worry about it but since I have a porter cable I might try using that with the paint pen on the under part of the bumper and see how it lookds.