S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

your quck detailer of choice

Old 06-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer,Jun 26 2010, 11:47 AM
i took my car back to the guy who detailed my car last week because i had a few blemishes on the hood appearing again,.........i told him i hadnt washed the car yet, only used the meguires final inspection on it once a day for the last week.
he took my car in the shop and hit the hood again with another polish,...after one pass he immediatly said "i dont like that stuff you used on the hood at all, i wouldnt use it anymore"...........even diluted to 50/50, it still steaked on me, even applied in the morning in the garage after the car sat all night but he said he could feel it in his buffer that it had removed some of the wax he applied a week earlier.......but whatever, my car looks good again, i tossed the final inspection and he gave me some stuff that only business' can get(ive never heard of it, but it is super easy to apply and you dont need to buff it all to get any shine, just spay and wipe)
Are we talking about Last Touch or Final Inspection?

I will defer to the experienced detailers on the forum and am prepared to retract my words if challenged, but quite honestly, it sounds to me that your detailer has fed you a bunch of hooey. For one thing, any hazing that LT or FI may have left behind would easily have been removed by a good washing. Why didn't you wash the car first before taking it back to the detailer? Second, neither LT nor FI has enough cleansing power to remove previously applied wax protection, and there is no way in the world your detailer could "feel it in his buffer" that the wax protection had diminished a little bit.

The fact that blemishes were re-appearing after only a week means that the blemishes were never removed but only hidden by fillers, which had either evaporated during the course of the week or were perhaps removed by your quick detailing and buffing.

But I'm glad you found a quick detailer that works for you. What is its name?