For Sale Members only.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000

Old 05-08-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000

Car is now SOLD! Going to a great home in the lower mainland where it will be well taken care of.

Best of luck old girl - we will miss you!
Attached Thumbnails FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000-car-pics-050.jpg   FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000-car-pics-028.jpg   FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000-car-pics-052.jpg   FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000-car-pics-033.jpg   FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000-car-pics-042.jpg  

Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see you letting it go. I can vouch for this car and the seller.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DDonovan
Sorry to see you letting it go. I can vouch for this car and the seller.
Thanks, Dave

To be honest, I'm kind of sorry to be letting it go. I was just looking over some of the paperwork/receipts I have for the car and realized I haven't even put 30k km's on the car in the 7 years or so that I've owned it. Oh well, all good things must come to an end, and at least I did enjoy the times it was driven. I always figured driving it less would make me enjoy the times when it was driven more.

Thanks for the vouch, I know I didn't make it out to many meets or events and didn't post on here much.

You never know, judging by the lack of comments so far, maybe the interest won't be very high and I won't get any decent offers. In which case I will just use the car more this summer and maybe look to sell next summer.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 AM

I thought I would add to this post:

Please feel free to provide me with any feedback - either through PM or post on the thread. Ie) is my asking price price too high, is the ad not laid out well and too hard to read etc. Would I be better off throwing the Ap1 wheels back on and putting the stock suspension back on and selling it that way?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:15 PM

$17? seems high to me.... got my AP1 with 145,000km for $10,300... it didnt have a cool hood or ap2 wheels though
Old 05-19-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Japmuscle
$17? seems high to me.... got my AP1 with 145,000km for $10,300... it didnt have a cool hood or ap2 wheels though
let the man sell his car... how much you got your car is completely irrelevant. s2000 market is dry right now for local craigslist anyways. He wont have any problems selling the car
Old 05-20-2014, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Japmuscle
Well I can't speak directly for your car, nor can you for mine as you've never seen it, but $10,300 seems super cheap - the only S2000's I've seen for sale at that price are either very high mileage, rebuilt, or have alot of accident history - or a combination of those.

Seems to me you either got a monumental deal on your car or it is nowhere near the condition mine is in - likely some combination of both.

I can only speak for my car but, it has absolutely no accidents, has been meticulously maintained, I have most of the receipts for parts/maintenance, the car has only 102k on it with mostly sunny summer weather driving and no winter driving, has all the stock parts come with it (other than the hood), brand new windshield, brand new quality tires, all fluids were just changed, has only ever had very mild, quality mods done to it...... I can go on and on. All I can say is that everyone who sees the car that I speak to mention how clean and what great condition it is in - people are shocked when I tell them what model year it is. The car is in awesome shape and needs absolutely nothing (save for the average looking soft top).

Yes, my price may be on the higher side, but it is negotiable and I know what kind of condition the car is in and if I can't get what amounts to at least my bottom line ($17k is not my bottom line) I will hold on to it.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:02 PM

I would definitely say that 10k is low priced. I'm being Captain Obvious here, but as the cars age, their pricing has become less easy to predict than it would be if they were still being made. Good-conditioned AP1s are increasing in value, and I can see why. Lots have been crashed and/or poorly modified.

OP, selling your car bone stock might be a better way to go (it might appeal more to some older folks), but it is a hassle taking everything off and none of your modifications are permanent (or distasteful). For me, what is most attractive about your car is the fact it is accident free. That is a real selling point, and it makes the car worth more than others in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by pearl_s2k
I would definitely say that 10k is low priced. I'm being Captain Obvious here, but as the cars age, their pricing has become less easy to predict than it would be if they were still being made. Good-conditioned AP1s are increasing in value, and I can see why. Lots have been crashed and/or poorly modified.

OP, selling your car bone stock might be a better way to go (it might appeal more to some older folks), but it is a hassle taking everything off and none of your modifications are permanent (or distasteful). For me, what is most attractive about your car is the fact it is accident free. That is a real selling point, and it makes the car worth more than others in my opinion.
I thought I would try selling the car the way it is at first, but if I don't get any interest I have considered putting it back to bone stock. The one hassle is that I would need to trade my hood for a stock Silverstone hood (plus some $$), but the difficulty is that I'm on the island (much smaller population of S2000's) and I'm very particular, so the hood would need to be in excellent condition. I have definitely noticed in looking at other cars that very few seem to be completely accident free and the ones that are cost alot more. Of course the ratio may be higher with cars like the S2000, since many of them are garage queens, but I guess as you go back further in the model years accident free cars become more and more rare.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:55 PM

Nice to meet you today Shane.

Drove this car today.
I didn't have it on the hoist or anything but from the top it looks great. Clean interior, clean exterior, drove nice and smooth. Tasteful mods, although the hood may not be for everyone (I like it). With less than half the kms as my car, it feels almost new.

Honest thoughts of the car without doing a full on check over...
Needs rear tires and could benefit from a wheel alignment check, but other than that I'd buy the car if I wanted/needed a 2nd s2000.

Quick Reply: FS or possible Trade: 2001 Silverstone S2000