San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

*****INDY DRIVERS MUST READ*****

Old 10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScandinavianFlick
He was trying to brute-force it one section at a time. There's a much easier way.

Also, we don't have to worry about fitting around a vented hood.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha no offense intended. this is something i have a fair amount of miserable experience with, learning the hard way (CMU Formula SAE bodywork lead engineer for 2 years).

the easiest way is to position it with the paper backing still on, then tape down one side with blue tape. lift using the tape as a kind of hinge, peel the paper, and then let it settle from the taped edge across. when it's settled, press with the heel of you hand, starting in the center and working outward in a circular motion.

this will minimize bubbles and wrinkles.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Community Organizer

Print this out this is your instructions
Old 10-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ScandinavianFlick
hahaha no offense intended. this is something i have a fair amount of miserable experience with, learning the hard way (CMU Formula SAE bodywork lead engineer for 2 years).

the easiest way is to position it with the paper backing still on, then tape down one side with blue tape. lift using the tape as a kind of hinge, peel the paper, and then let it settle from the taped edge across. when it's settled, press with the heel of you hand, starting in the center and working outward in a circular motion.

this will minimize bubbles and wrinkles.
looks like Ill be seeing you tomorrow for help!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Since your getting a spare after already using 3 on yours how come we only get one shot?

Especially since theres $150 and being in the event riding on getting them right.. How come Honda can't just do them at the event for everyone like there doing for some of the people driving?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by TurboViper
Since your getting a spare after already using 3 on yours how come we only get one shot?

Especially since theres $150 and being in the event riding on getting them right.. How come Honda can't just do them at the event for everyone like there doing for some of the people driving?
Gavin,

They sent me 2 spares as requested b/c I told them I was going to experiment on my car 1st, so I can inform the members how about doing it. They won't sent us 160 sets for 35 cars in the race. The shipping alone to me is over 400.00.

The 150.00 deposit has nothing to do with it. All you need to do is show up at the correct time on Sunday. DQ or not, you get a refund.

Brad will see how we install it today and teach you guys how to install.

No worries
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Community Organizer

Local member from the Las Vegas s2ki.com Chapter just picked up our credentials, lanyards, and waivers.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
Originally Posted by TurboViper' timestamp='1318464074' post='21065024

Gavin,

They sent me 2 spares as requested b/c I told them I was going to experiment on my car 1st, so I can inform the members how about doing it. They won't sent us 160 sets for 35 cars in the race. The shipping alone to me is over 400.00.

The 150.00 deposit has nothing to do with it. All you need to do is show up at the correct time on Sunday. DQ or not, you get a refund.

No worries
BC,

Thanks for the explination, I was just curious

I'm going to pay and have mine professionally installed so there's no mistakes!

-Gavin
Old 10-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Hey brad something came up and might have to back out of the caravan. I'll still be in vegas but ill let you know more tomoro when i come over for the decals. Andrew you gonna be there tomoro to help install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by TurboViper
Originally Posted by Back-cracker' timestamp='1318464990' post='21065074
[quote name='TurboViper' timestamp='1318464074' post='21065024']

Gavin,

No worries
BC,

Thanks for the explination, I was just curious

I'm going to pay and have mine professionally installed so there's no mistakes!

-Gavin
[/quote]

Gavin,

Don't worry

You won't need a pro installer. I'm the worst butter finger and I still got all of them correct except for the big one. brad and I will learn it tonight, you will be fine.

Quick Reply: *****INDY DRIVERS MUST READ*****