San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Places to dyno...

Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Places to dyno...

I'm starting on a new project for the car and would like to find a place to run some dynos. i did a search and didn't pull up anything recent. I saw that some ppl recommended AEBS...but i'm not sure if they're in business anymore as i've tried all their lines of contact but none of them seem to work. Rev'd up Kustomz did dyno runs, but i know they're in the process of moving right now.

If anyone knows a good place, please post here!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know if it is a good place but there is one in Oceanside. I plan on going there since that is the closest to me.

http://www.jdmconcepts.com/

Check out there website. I had contacted them to get a feel from them. They have been in business for about 15 years if I do remember. They stated that the have dyno'd S2000's in the past. If i remember the charges was like 120 an hour + 40 to strap it down. I guess you can call if you are interested.

Edited: Please read below for further comments about JDM Concepts. Trust me, I have no connection with this shop or not reccomending this place as a good shop as said above.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 AM

thanks man...i'll check 'em out

anyone else?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've dyno'd at the dyno shop in Santee. I think it was 40-60 bucks for a couple of pulls.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

If it were a honda I wouldnt bring it any where else besides Church automotive. Even if their dyno reads a tad bit high Sean knows his stuff.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM

Sean @ church automotive.he just got done tunning one of our k20 eg6 and as alway he did an awesome job.. go to church!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he is asking for places that just do dynos, not dyno tune. If he does need a dyno tune I agree go to Churches. I'm getting my setup dyno'd in a couple of weeks up there.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to JDM CONCEPTS.

The owner is Gabe right? His cousin, nephew(?) whatever is a thief little sh!t who stole my spoon wing off my EG6 back in the day. I went to them a few times for a clutch,axles etc. for my civic. Seemed like alright guys, unitl I figured out his affiliation with this kid, Carlos. If you have ANY connections to thief POS's then you are a POS in my book.
My wing was found in the hatch of his buddys's integ, along with stereos, and other parts.

Oh yea, Im supposed to be going to Church's next tue for a dyno tune for my CTSC. All I have is a VAFC2, but better than nothing I guess.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by NFRAP1,Mar 18 2008, 10:08 AM
to JDM CONCEPTS.

The owner is Gabe right? His cousin, nephew(?) whatever is a thief little sh!t who stole my spoon wing off my EG6 back in the day. I went to them a few times for a clutch,axles etc. for my civic. Seemed like alright guys, unitl I figured out his affiliation with this kid, Carlos. If you have ANY connections to thief POS's then you are a POS in my book.
My wing was found in the hatch of his buddys's integ, along with stereos, and other parts.

Oh yea, Im supposed to be going to Church's next tue for a dyno tune for my CTSC. All I have is a VAFC2, but better than nothing I guess.
OH DAMN!

Naw I do have any connection with them trust me. I have a VAFC in my s2k and I was looking online for a dyno around the North County area. I came apon a thread, I believe a civic website, that had mentioned this place. I never went. I just contacted them to get a feel of there business.

Thank you for letting us all know!!

I will edit my originall post to support your post here.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Chruch is a little far...i'm looking for something local. And yes, only dyno...not dyno tuning...don't need any special services just someone to push the ON button on a dyno and give me the printout lol.

Quick Reply: Places to dyno...