Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

evasive motorsports being evasive

Old 10-07-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evasive motorsports being evasive

My story start out as, I have a blown throw out bearing. So I call evasive motorsport and set a appoint to get the whole clutch done.
So I get my car towed by AAA, it arrives at their place at 1030. At 0400 im calling Mike on the status of my car. He’s like oh you picking up your car today? I’m like yeah, you said it will be done by the end of the day. He replies “don’t you live in paso robles”.. yes but im at my bro house 8 mile away. Right there I get this feeling like “Wow” I guess they didn’t start work on my car cause they assumed I was far way.

Anyways, they call me to pick it up at 0500. Car look good feels, good I drive to the close gasoline station because I was 2 bars before E. So I open the gas door, and remove the gas cap. When I try to place it on the door I was like. What the hell where is the thing to hold it .. im looking on the floor, in my trunk .. Where is it?
So I decide I will worry about when I get home I have a long drive. Once home, I look for cause im doubting myself. But no, its not to be found.. I know it was there before because I washed my car and I all ways open the gas door cap to dry that spot because it will leak water. This was lost at evasive..

So I call evasive, tell the about it. The answer was they were not touching that, cause they only worked on your clutch.. “I was like exactly,” there answer was I don’t know what to tell you, did you come with the tow truck drive? No I didn’t.
So instead of saying let me go ask the guy that worked on your car all “day lol” or check around the shop. They answer basically was that the tow truck drive stole it and it was my fault for not going with him. I’m sure a gas cap holder is what the tow truck driver always wanted from a S2k.

So know that I can’t trust these guys, I decide to look at my engine bay..
Guess what, my airbox is scratched up on the side and one of the "Metal" clips holding the hose is loose…. Got me thinking, why is that loose and why is that scratch if they only work on my clutch..
So I start taking off the hose that connects to the air box .. on the left side the is a small metal tube that connects to the valve cover. Well, the part that connects to the hose is ripped. That was never was like that . Then the part of the air hose that connect to the throttle body is ripped also. The plastic clip that holds those hard lines is broken too. I don’t think that had to be removed to work on the clutch.

So now the pieces all fall together, thats why that clip was loose and the airbox scratch up .. They changed my good hose for someone f@#ked up hose..
My reasoning now is I can’t trust their work.. They had my car for 6hours what else did them cannibalize from it. Did they exchange my ap1 fly wheel for Ap2, do I still have my tranny that my car came in with, I don’t know.
All I know i will never take my car there. I gave them the chance when I called them to respond to my claim. And there answer was they don’t know what to tell me.

I would have not cared about the gas cap holder , but when I see a pattern of stuff missing and scratched..
Maybe its cause my S2k Is not as nice as half the car they have there.
I'm just sating the facts. My review based on my experience.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are way over exaggerating. Making accusations against a good company with no facts. Just cause you go into the engine bay and start looking all over and finding broken hoses doesn't mean they did it. Hoses can brake and any time. It could of been that way before the car came in, because I highly doubt you go to your engine and inspect everything EVERY day.

And there is no reason for them to open your gas cap. So most likely it happened elsewhere.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Wow that is incredibly hard to read. Can you try and edit that so it is legible? What I gather is the gas cap holder is missing and some stuff in the engine bay is scratched. Evasive is a well known and trusted shop and I have not heard anything bad from people getting work done by them. I would be questioning the tow truck driver more than Evasive though I have no idea why they would take or damage such random parts. How far was the car towed? Any idea if it was parked anywhere on the way?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Car was towed 8.6 miles.
I’m not making assumption, that’s why I double checked everything. Plus I checked picture I have of my car before I posted this.
Believe me or not this is my review. These were my finding and my conclusion. Especially, when you have just seen and touched that certain part, hours before and now it not there. Yeah ok.
That’s like taking in your car in for an oil change and your trunk is scratched up and it missing the liners .doesn’t add up.. this is just a metaphor that did not happen.
Like I said this is my experience and it not my first time there. Last time it was there they also gauged the top of my valve cover , but I was like whatever..
This is my review and my opinion.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 AM

While his grammar may be poor, I don't think it's proper for a moderator to just jump in and back Evasive because of their general rep. Everyone has bad days and messes stuff up, if it's true, they need to own up and make it right. Just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone else does.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by thenoxus1
While his grammar may be poor, I don't think it's proper for a moderator to just jump in and back Evasive because of their general rep. Everyone has bad days and messes stuff up, if it's true, they need to own up and make it right. Just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone else does.
Thank you. someone understands what im feeling.
oh, it pretty hard to type long paragraph from a phone when your pissed.
Anyway , going to buy a new intake hose. i don't want to get a check engine light
Old 10-09-2013, 10:21 AM

Can you post pictures of the messed up stuff? Might help!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:21 AM

Any resolution to this? I wanted to have some service done but now I'm wary if they're swapping parts off cars.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 AM

I highly doubt they are swapping parts but what do I know lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29 AM

I've gotten stuff done by Evasive Motorsports more than enough to vouch that these guys are legit 100%

Quick Reply: evasive motorsports being evasive