Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Hybrid Werks - BrentD2319 = HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hybrid Werks - BrentD2319 = HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Message Forwarded From brentd2319

hey whats up

are you willing to do $250 shipped for the ap2 center console?

I can pay you NOW

whats your paypal

thanks
Will do $250.00 shipped plus PayPal fees, so the total shipped would be $258.76.

And are you in the Continental US? If not, i will not ship.

Please LMK, thanks, Brent @ Hybrid-Werks.

If you are in the US, my PayPal address is Hybrid-Werks@live.com

so do you have a tracking number for the ap2 center console??
To be honest with you, i was waiting to hear back from you. I had no idea that you even sent the money already. Sorry about that, will get that shipped out first thing tomorrow morning!
And i have the leather console cover, i usually sell them for $200.00 shipped, i'll cut you a deal and throw it in the same box and ship it out for a additional $100.00 LMK, thanks!

still no center console and its been over 2 weeks.

WHAT THE ****

I want to see a tracking code ASAP

if not refund me and stop ****** around, I dont care if you havent shipped yet I want it out by tomorrow or my cash refunded
Wow, relax there buddy... Ive got a business to run, checking my PM's on here (s2ki) is like a once a week deal. I will get you the # tomorrow.

A week later = NO TRACKING NUMBER

Message Forwarded From brentd2319

I want the tracking code NOW.

I expect either my center console or my cash back within 4 days.

I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself, if not then I will take matters within my own hands with your local police department and post a review for you.
Well, i do have a tracking # for you but there is 1 problem. The guy in my shipping department shipped the console to another customer with a similar email address and he got confused, According to FedEx, the console is in Texas. It is being picked up and being shipped to you. I am on the phone with them now trying to straighten everything out.
Sorry about the hassle.

I run a business myself and this ap2 center console was for a customer, due to him holding the funds by not refunding and or by not shipping out the package. My customers car has been at my shop for weeks when it should have been done already. I had to purchase ANOTHER console just so I could finish up his car.

WORST transaction I've ever delt with and I deal with people on a daily basis.

NEVER BUY FROM BRENTD2319
Old 10-02-2010, 02:22 PM

still no center console and its been a little under a month time now.

He gives an excuse almost every time I messaged him.

**** this guy, I'd rather spend my cash on dirty worthless strippers then this douche
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case it makes you feel better, he also sold me a screwed up differential ... and I am local ! ... BTW his shipping department LOL, you should see his shop!

Differential I bought (the one in the pic was not even the one he gave me). Once I showed up, he even upped the price. I was in a rush as I was travelling to California so I had no choice and paid him the extra money.

For sale link

I found gear pieces coming out of it once I removed the fill plug. I took it to the best S2000 differential guy you can possibly find and this is what he said:

Hi,

I took the rear apart you bought from the local shop near you. The LSD is broke, that is where the metal in your plastic bag came from. The ring and pinion are still together (not broke) but, the pinion has a bad stress crack in one tooth. If you had installed this rear it would have failed on you during your trip. The pinion would have broke out all the way from the stress crack very much like your original rear did. The rear appeared to have high miles on it showing wear on bearings, and the gear teeth all had a raised sharp edge to them.

I have put the now clean and disassembled rear aside for display and inspection. You can talk to the shop about compensation for the damaged rear they sold you.
The rear damage is as follows, fractured pinion gear, chipped and fractured planetary gears inside LSD, heat sink on aluminum rear cover 30% missing, high mile wear on gears and bearings.
Cost to recondition this rear to a usable standard is $1,300 using some new, and good used parts.
Cost to rebuild this rear using all new replacement parts for all that is damaged is $2,970
After calling Brendt many times over and him not picking up, I called his partner (r1ricer on S2KI) and told him to have Brendt call me ASAP. Brendt called me and I proposed a way to make things fair ... I am still to hear from him a month later.

Brendt is a liar. After my incident, I learned of 5 more local guys that have had problems with the HybridWerks guys, both Brendt and Eli (r1ricer)

J
Old 10-07-2010, 04:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I wish you guys luck with all this....I hope you all can work things out
Old 10-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Good to know. People like this should be banned for selling shitty product and not owning up to it.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Yes, your right, i should be banned for selling shitty products. Yet i am hiding or ignoring these customers?

Undftd1 (or whatever his user name) i gave my personal phone # to so he could contact me via phone rather than PM so we could come to a agreement or resolution, he never contacted me. A true legitiment mistake happened and im to blame? ****ed up if you ask me. He actually picked and choosed which PM's to post on here, they obviously arent all there. Very impatient and a angry customer if you ask me. This guy sent the money and didnt verify anything with me, never confirmed when the money was sent, that alone was a 9 day delay on his behalf.

And for R1Pilot, I sold him i DIFF from a personal working vehicle. All of a sudden it is all broken, my exact words to him "dont worry, if you have any problems, i will give you a full refund" After 2 days went by, my DIFF is MIA and he cant bring it back to me, both housings were stamped with my shop initials so i would have known if it was mine or not. Customer could have brought my "broken DIFF" back and i would have gave a full refund. And as far as selling you a different DIFF than what was pictured, he found a old post of mine for another DIFF i had sold months back. He asked me if the DIFF was still available, i told him i had one for sale. Again, im at fault for a customer that was in a rush to get his car ready for the CALI trip and didnt listen to anything i adised him of.

Im sitting here responding to this standing up for myself, i provded all information i could to make both transactions go by a little smoother and both customers blew it outta proportion because they were both in a rush and i couldnt be there for them right as soon as they clicked the mouse.

Just because of past experiences with R1Ricer doesnt mean it has to do with HYBRID-WERKS, its just another user name on the forums and he works for me. People **** up, no one is perfect.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 PM

Brendt,

I am going to reply to the parts that affect me. This is probably going to be my last reply, I can continue discussing this problem in the South Florida forums later.

Yes, your right, i should be banned for selling shitty products. Yet i am hiding or ignoring these customers?

Let’s analyze what you say up there (Just a note I was leaving for California on 9/17/10):

9/13/10 @ 7:30pm (Monday) I picked up the differential (see my post in the for sale thread)

For sale link

9/13/10 @ 11:00pm (Monday) I called you to tell you that upon opening the fill/drain plugs I found pieces of gear. You said you would call around see what you could find as you did NOT have any other differentials. Did not say I could return.
9/14/10 (Tuesday) You vanished
9/15/10 9:00am (Wednesday) I called, no answer
9/15/10 12:30pm (Wednesday) I called and talked to Eli (r1ricer), he said you would call me back.
9/16/10 10:30am (Thursday) I called, no answer.
9/16/10 4:30pm (Thursday)I called, Eli answered. I told Eli what was wrong and I said that you HAD to call me back or I was going to escalate the problem to the forums
9/16/10 5:10pm (Thursday) You called me and I think I spoke quite clearly and told you what the problem was (by now I knew the differential was bad for sure). I basically told you, that since you fell off the face of the earth I had to resort to buying another differential. I turned in your differential as payment for a new one (I was given $200 credit as long as it was a workable core, it wasn’t). I said that you should give me a PARTIAL refund and we would call it a day. You had until the next day Friday to call me back.

From then on I never heard from you until today. So, yes you WERE ignoring me

And for R1Pilot, I sold him i DIFF from a personal working vehicle. All of a sudden it is all broken, my exact words to him "dont worry, if you have any problems, i will give you a full refund" After 2 days went by, my DIFF is MIA and he cant bring it back to me, both housings were stamped with my shop initials so i would have known if it was mine or not. Customer could have brought my "broken DIFF" back and i would have gave a full refund.

For a 26 year old, you have quite bad memory:

1. You said the differential was from a friend.
2. My factory differential was broken and the car still worked, so what it was broken. So you saying it came from a working vehicle means nothing.
3. You never said anything about a refund.
4. I called you the same day and you said you were going to “call around” see if you could find a replacement … you went MIA. BTW, that diff was mine, not yours then … I had paid for it already.
5. No housings were stamped. As a matter of fact, I got to your shop and had to have my wife wait in the car for you to pull the thing from a cradle … it was still bolted down.
6. Again, you never offered a full refund. I would have driven the 140 miles to your shop and gotten the money … it would have been stupid for me to keep the paperweight you sold me.

And as far as selling you a different DIFF than what was pictured, he found a old post of mine for another DIFF i had sold months back. He asked me if the DIFF was still available, i told him i had one for sale. Again, im at fault for a customer that was in a rush to get his car ready for the CALI trip and didnt listen to anything i adised him of.

Again, check the dates on the post, it was not old. You bumped the thread the day before, that’s how I found it.

For sale link

Brendt, why would I lie. I wanted that differential to work more than you did, believe me. You did not give me advise on anything, I don’t take advise from someone that is 10 years younger than me and that I do not know.

Im sitting here responding to this standing up for myself, i provded all information i could to make both transactions go by a little smoother and both customers blew it outta proportion because they were both in a rush and i couldnt be there for them right as soon as they clicked the mouse.

Brendt, no one blew anything out of proportion. Both posters, we waited for almost a month for you, more than enough if you ask me.

[QUOTE}Just because of past experiences with R1Ricer doesnt mean it has to do with HYBRID-WERKS, its just another user name on the forums and he works for me. People **** up, no one is perfect.[/QUOTE]

I never had any personal problems or dealings with Eli (r1ricer), but unfortunately he is part of HybridWerks and thus he is going to be thrown in the same bag. When I started investigating around South Florida, I learned many things from longstanding members that had other problems with you, and one with Eli … It is unfortunate, but its what I heard … and given the circumstance I am in with you I tend to believe it.

Brendt, you read what was wrong with that differential. You sold me a paperweight as NONE of the parts were good … I asked for a partial refund (I think $250 is adequate), that would mean you sold me a very expensive paperweight and we would all be happy. You WOULD NOT be able to sell that for that amount to anyone else on the forums.

Joaquin
Old 10-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Where are we at with this...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM

Since I was brought up in the topic I will respond. I spoke to Joaquin (R1pilot) when he called with the complaint about the Diff. I forwarded his concerns to Brent. At the moment Brent was wrapped up in a project and I believe returned his call within that same business day. I do not know what transpired between them.

As per the Center Console Incident I take full blame for mis-Shipping the item to another member in Texas. FEDEX 961759015000063 is the Tracking. MARK received the package and contacted us immediately saying that he did not order that. We then contacted FEDEX to pick up and send to the correct recipient. Now the buyer had filed a PAYPAL Complaint and was issued a FULL REFUND.

I tried explaining to the best of my knowledge.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 AM

Eli is correct. Like I stated in my post above, once I got a hold of Eli on Thursday, then Brentd called me within the hour. Brendt did not have any solution for me, no other complete differentials. I proposed a way to solve the problem.

What transpired between us is what I wrote on my reply post to Brentd, above ... I basically told him that I wanted a partial refund or a decision on what he was going to do by Friday (the next day), I even left it up to him at what the amount should be. The first time I heard from Brentd since then was on the above post ...

Thanks for chiming in Eli.

Joaquin

Quick Reply: Hybrid Werks - BrentD2319 = HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!