Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Interesting trick that I have learnt about SELLERS

Old 10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Interesting trick that I have learnt about SELLERS

One of the rules about selling is that the seller must price what they are selling.

4. You must post a price, no "testing the waters" or "gauging interest" and no PM for offer or auction style threads will be permitted. You have made the decision to sell so you must state an asking price.

I always give the benefit of doubt to the other party, because we are all, after all, "human". Pricing I would admit, can be very difficult for many items.

But this is how it goes.

Firstly list all the items that you are confident about selling stating price etc. This is straight forwards, right.

Secondly name, for arguments sake, the area of the car parts, like "all or mostly interior parts." Even give heaps of pics to show condition etc, but no pricing.

Thirdly sit back and wait for the pm's to come in, and definitely don't reply quickly, because that's your business. If the seller gets lucky then a flood of pm's will come in on the parts that are not listed or priced.

Boom a dutch auction can develop,
like," I am sorry I didn't realize the value of .........?", I'll need to charge for packaging etc, etc.
or " I have just had a better offer, I didn't realize its value".....etc, etc.

Season buyers and sellers have all heard or read this,.......
IMO this should alert the moderators to this slight shade of "grey", or at least give "newbies" a lift.

Anybody else had experiences like this? Ever so slightly jaded?
I understand that everything is open to interpretation, so just thought that I'd share my experiences. These days sellers, like this usually don't get too far with me. I win some and I lose some, but that's just like life.....

btw: I am forever grateful there are sellers out there that are willing to "strut their stuff" and buyers that "keep the wheels a turning". It certainly keeps my S enthusiasm going....
Old 10-15-2009, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mass send PMs to lots of ppl who have the part listed : then whoever gets back to me FIRSt gets the best consideration...

Thast my tip!

If they get back to you quickly, chances are they will ship quickly. If they take a month to PM you back....well, chances are S2Ki transactions are not at the top of their priority list.

So yeah:

Tips:

Mass PM lots, pick and choose from the ones who PM you fastest, reply to them all as a courtesy so they know whats going on, dont tell them youre gonna pick it up/save it for them until you really ARE going to pickk it up though.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

How does this thread relate to the topic of sellers feedback?
Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a generalised feedback, some pitfalls to look out for when buying?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

oh, I thought it was how to trick the mods..and get around your selling woes