Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Moddiction seller feedback thread.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same issue happening here. Ordered a set of project mu HC+800 brake pads September 4th for my September 15th trackday, and basically called every single day up to the track day where I unfortunately was forced to go with stock pads. I figured that I may have cut it too close and ordered it too late, so I decided to try one last time. I forgave them at the time for the lack of communication. (Maybe they were swamped, idk)

Fast forward and I have another track day on December 27. Ordered the same pads on November 28. I made it a part of my routine every morning to call once for what I believe has been the past two weeks, even leaving a message on their facebook, email and DM here on s2ki, but I have yet to receive a single response. This is infuriating.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kram in a Cab
Same issue happening here. Ordered a set of project mu HC+800 brake pads September 4th for my September 15th trackday, and basically called every single day up to the track day where I unfortunately was forced to go with stock pads. I figured that I may have cut it too close and ordered it too late, so I decided to try one last time. I forgave them at the time for the lack of communication. (Maybe they were swamped, idk)

Fast forward and I have another track day on December 27. Ordered the same pads on November 28. I made it a part of my routine every morning to call once for what I believe has been the past two weeks, even leaving a message on their facebook, email and DM here on s2ki, but I have yet to receive a single response. This is infuriating.

I agree. I made an order back in November and still have not received any updates via email. I’ve emailed him several times and called on numerous occasions at different hours of the day and have not been able to reach anyone. Needless to say I won’t be ordering from him again.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:32 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Unfortunately I'm also having issues currently. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt right now; I'm assuming he was swamped with orders due to the Black Friday deals.

I emailed him roughly a month or two ago about his radiator stays. I was inquiring if his black texture ones were just out of stock or discontinued; after about 3 emails he finally got back to me and told me there were no plans to make anymore. Understandably radiator stays are a dime a dozen; I just liked the fact that they're stainless steel.

Anyways, I ended up pulling the trigger on textured silver ones. I plan on getting a bunch of stuff powdercoated so I figured I'd toss these into the mix for a couple of bucks and get them done in wrinkle black like I want. It's been a couple of weeks. I've waited patiently but just recently sent a couple of emails with no reply. At this point I'm just kinda riding on a "they get here when they get here" mentality as I'm in no hurry, and it wasn't a large sum of money.

Kinda glad I didn't take advantage of their BF prices; was looking to order an ACT prolite flywheel and HD pressure plate. I would've been a little more antsy if I had roughly $600 of parts sitting in limbo. I think I'll stick to larger and more reputable vendors and/or Amazon/eBay after this....Been having problems with the smaller guys regarding communication and shipping lately. Seems like this fellow has kinda dropped off in terms of customer service over the years; perhaps business has outgrown his ability to deliver. No disrespect to the business owner, just posting honest feedback. I honestly don't care if I didn't get my stuff until spring (currently winter in the Northeast and the S is stored) but I think communication is paramount. So long as I was being kept updated on what's up I'd be much more understanding.

Last edited by Kyle; 12-11-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 AM

Unhappy Absolutely horrible

I've ordered a brand new SS Countersunk Moddiction ShiftKnob over a month ago from these jokers....... a month passed with no communications what so ever. I've called and left over 4 voicemails, including 3 emails (but who the fk is counting). I just wanted the damn item. At one point, a guy picked up the phone and said it will be shipped out the same week (this was 3 weeks after the order was placed).

Waited 2 more weeks and still no communication and nothing in my mail.

Had enough of this crap. So I disputed in PayPal. Finally got a response 2 days later after dispute. Said the item will be shipped out the same day or the following day if I wanted the item. I said YES, please ship overnight or 2 day shipping, otherwise no thanks. They responded saying they will ship USPS Priority shipping which is 2-3 days usually. I said fine, please send me tracking... 2 days passes and no tracking.. LOL.. Fk this place. Absolutely horrifkingbad experience. I will not buy any items from these jokers.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by mys2k3

I agree. I made an order back in November and still have not received any updates via email. I’ve emailed him several times and called on numerous occasions at different hours of the day and have not been able to reach anyone. Needless to say I won’t be ordering from him again.
You guys might as well dispute with paypal or CC company. Moddiction is becoming a fking joke. Absolutely fking terrible
The following users liked this post:
jasserv (12-21-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

It's illegal to charge a credit card before an item ships. Paypal is probably different though.

-- Chuck
Old 12-12-2018, 01:35 PM

Update on my order: I finally had an email reply within minutes of posting on s2ki (unsure if its a coincidence). They apologized and said they were swamped on their emails and whatnot and explained that project mu pads are shipped directly from project mu instead of their warehouse (huh?), and that they will reach out to them and see whats going on. I gave them a deadline of December 12 to give me a status update on if it was shipped, and today (Dec. 12th) I sent them another email asking whats going on. They responded back within 10 minutes saying they will have to refund my order saying they cannot get an ETA and that it still wasn't in stock.

I'm just honestly relieved I'm hopefully getting my money back quicker than if I had disputed on Paypal again - that took weeks. I already placed my order for the same pads with a different vendor - they stated they have it in stock and can ship it out today. It was so refreshing having that quick call and confirmation - I cannot say the same for Moddiction and really don't think I can bring myself to buy from them again.

Edit: just received an email a day later (Dec 13) from moddicton saying my payment was refunded. He informed me that the reason for the delay was that project mu has discontinued the HC+ 800 pads for the s2000. Bummer, but I managed to grab the pads from a different vendor for now.

Last edited by Kram in a Cab; 12-13-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: New update
Old 12-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Update on my order: I finally had an email reply within minutes of posting on s2ki (unsure if its a coincidence). They apologized and said they were swamped on their emails and whatnot and explained that project mu pads are shipped directly from project mu instead of their warehouse (huh?), and that they will reach out to them and see whats going on. I gave them a deadline of December 12 to give me a status update on if it was shipped, and today (Dec. 12th) I sent them another email asking whats going on. They responded back within 10 minutes saying they will have to refund my order saying they cannot get an ETA and that it still wasn't in stock.

I'm just honestly relieved I'm hopefully getting my money back quicker than if I had disputed on Paypal again - that took weeks. I already placed my order for the same pads with a different vendor - they stated they have it in stock and can ship it out today. It was so refreshing having that quick call and confirmation - I cannot say the same for Moddiction and really don't think I can bring myself to buy from them again.
Yeah unfortunately a lot of vendors do that. Instead of stocking parts they just have stuff drop-shipped to you directly from the manufacturer. I ordered some Vibra-technics mounts from a different vendor, and it took them about a week before I got a shipping confirmation, but this was because they're coming from the manufacturer over in Great Britain directly to me; they don't have physical stock on the shelves, they just pass the baton along.

Edit: Filed a claim myself.....it shouldn't take 2 weeks to ship 2 pieces of flat metal for $35.....I don't care if it took them until spring to ship my stuff; but the lack of communication just really did it for me....bad business....Logistics issues on their end shouldn't have to be endured by costumers....if it's busy hire help.

Last edited by Kyle; 12-13-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:49 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

"Mail order," now Internet, vendors seldom stock more than minimal quantities due to the expense. Good business model is to let the distributor stock it and then order it from the distributor as needed. Even large vendors do this. Years ago my company made sweaters for LL Bean and our contract only called for a few dozen of them with us guaranteeing we could produce to order in so many days. Tough for us, easy for them.

I recall reading the full page fine print advertisements in Computer Shopper magazine years ago with hundreds of motherboards, cases, etc., etc. One "vendor" was in a 600 square foot store front next to the barbershop in the local 4 unit strip mall. The had literally nothing there, just processed the orders and got them from the distributor across town.

I ordered parts for my S2000 from Majestic Honda in Rhode Island. Parts went from Marysville, Ohio, to Rhode Island, new label pasted on the box, and re-sent to me in Cleveland, Ohio. Why they didn't just drop ship was a question.

-- Chuck
Old 12-23-2018, 03:01 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Had a not-so-great experience with trying to get Moddiction's response to questions.
However, I ordered a set of coils and clutch during their Black Friday sale and got both items very quickly.

Quick Reply: Moddiction seller feedback thread.