Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

My horrible experience with ChaserAero

Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 17Choke,Mar 16 2010, 09:32 PM
I think there is a little misunderstanding on both sides here. The messages were a bit short, and everything shouldve been made clear prior to any money being exchanged. The seller never really answered the question about the deposit in the first place, he answered the question as though the buyer were asking what would happen if he had to return the top.

A restocking fee should only apply if there was an item that had to be returned. In this case, the merchandise was never in stock in the first place, and nothing was to be returned. The seller could just call their supplier and tell them to cancel the order if it hasnt already shipped out. You shouldnt charge someone a restocking fee if you didnt have the item in stock to begin with.

However, the whole point of a deposit is to support the intent to purchase an item. Since the buyer is the one that backed out of the deal, the seller should be able to keep the deposit, otherwise, whats the point of putting down a deposit?
There is no misunderstanding, I clearly asked him if the deposit could be refunded, and he answered it was with a 25% fee. He NEVER mentioned it being 25% of the invoice well knowing I was only putting down 10%. That is either deceit or ignorance, or both.

I ordered the carbon top, not frp. He always had the carbon one in stock, inventory was never a problem for the carbon tops.

A deposit is to show serious interest in purchasing said item, which I was. Some deposits are refundable, some are not. That was why I asked the question.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

file a credit card chargeback/dispute. you dont need to argue with him.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by jemje2006,Mar 18 2010, 09:26 AM
file a credit card chargeback/dispute. you dont need to argue with him.
Can I issue a chargeback on a debit card? Paypal cant help me, Im passed the 45 days.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:19 PM

You might be able to, speak to your bank to see what options you might have.

And where did there seller feedback threads go? Something is really wrong with them...
Old 03-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 305s2k,Mar 18 2010, 02:19 PM
You might be able to, speak to your bank to see what options you might have.

And where did there seller feedback threads go? Something is really wrong with them...
THIS.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well I finally got the call from UPS yesterday saying it would be here Monday only (4 weeks later)
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM

I would also like to know what happened to the sellers review thread. I noticed the hardtop thread was locked and chaser hasn't been posting for almost a week now.

I made a deposit for a FRP top with the intentions of paying in full this summer, but I am really not liking this lack of communication and surge of other buyers issues with Chaser lately.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM

So I gt my CFHT today. An wouldn't you know there was No F@ck'n Hardware in th box. My Invoice said Shipped window only still needs hardware.

You have know idea how pissed off I am right now.

the only reason I bought the CFHT was b/c he had them instock an since I paid in full would be bumped up to the front of the list to be shipped out as oon as hardware was avalible.

Well 4weeks later an about 20 phone calls an multiple PMs I finally got the top.

So why the F@ck did I have to wait 4 weeks for the same situation that I started off with buying it?

Fitment is Mehhh.....
I have spyder cracks in the gel-coat around the rear window
an 2 decent scratches ( can prolly be wetsanded/buffed)

All I got to say is he is so lucky that I get home from work after 5. Cuz I was going to chew his ass out. Extremely tempted to make the 5hr trip up to Maryland to take my hardware myself an get face to face w/ Russ.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:19 PM

BTW I paid $1650 shipped for my CFHT (single sided)

so for all you other guys that bought CF tops I'd ask for some your money back if you paid more

Old 03-19-2010, 02:28 PM

pics w/out Hardware

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with ChaserAero