Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

RIPOFF Report: Nichigo

Old 01-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahbongkadah' date='Jan 8 2009, 02:04 PM
It doesn't work because it doesn't fit PROPERLY.

I bet i can get a 350z hood to bolt up to to your s2000, but would you want to use it?
how is this any different than an ill-fitting Seibon carbon fiber part? I had the Seibon fenders on my old s2k and they fit like garbage. It took some work by the body shop to get them to fit decently. If I had sold them (which, I did have them listed for sale before I totaled my car) and the next owner also had problems getting it to fit, am I liable? The fact is that there was a picture of exactly what the buyer was getting in the original thread.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM

YMMV
Old 01-08-2009, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie' date='Jan 8 2009, 03:10 PM
how is this any different than an ill-fitting Seibon carbon fiber part? I had the Seibon fenders on my old s2k and they fit like garbage. It took some work by the body shop to get them to fit decently. If I had sold them (which, I did have them listed for sale before I totaled my car) and the next owner also had problems getting it to fit, am I liable? The fact is that there was a picture of exactly what the buyer was getting in the original thread.
It's different if it's known that the Seibon part was made for the S2K. It's a claim made by Seibon, not the seller. It would be the same if Seibon claimed the part was originally made for a Cadillac.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by moogleii' date='Jan 8 2009, 02:13 PM
It's different if it's known that the Seibon part was made for the S2K. It's a claim made by Seibon, not the seller. It would be the same if Seibon claimed the part was originally made for a Cadillac.
he didn't advertise that it was the s2000 specific Type 3 wing made by voltex and the buyer did not ask whether it was or not.

The wing was advertised as a Voltex Type 3 including the trunk which Nichigo explained and showed it mounted on his car.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by rob.ok' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:45 PM
I can attest to the truthfulness of this matter. Steve has been very diligent and professional in this matter and there is no reason what so ever for any of this to have taken place.

Who in there right mind sell parts without full disclosure of them? You're gonna get an irate buyer. That was me. As soon as I discovered the problem I went after Steve and did not believe that he did not know that the wing was not intended for the S2000. After many conversations I came to fully understand that the problem originated with Nick.
I know Nick and have spent time with him at the track and I'd like to think he would not treat me this way but treating another member of the community like this is totally unacceptable!

A full refund should be returned to Steve promptly. Knowing full well the situation and not being upfront about the wing is 100% wrong Case closed. If Nick can not sell the wing for what he thinks its value is then that is his loss. Its no wonder no one bought it after he disclosed to the community the truth.......Think about it. There is no reason what so ever that his loss due to a simple miss communication or something as big as a out right lie should be passed on.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie' date='Jan 8 2009, 03:10 PM
There is another problem with your question.......

You are assuming that the wing is being used for "style" (or at least that is what your analogy implies). A Voltex Type III wing is a serious piece of aerodynamic equipment. Each piece is custom made per order and each style of wing is tested for efficiency per application.

This wing was designed for function and performance for a 350Z not an S2000. There is a world of difference when looking at the functionality of the wing vs. simply how it fit and finish. Performance or function is the motivating factor in buying a GT wing and it should also be the solitary reaming thing that matters.

Secondly adjusting a S2000 specific part to fit your personal application is completely different than taking a part from another car and mix it with S2000 parts to make it work.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie' date='Jan 8 2009, 03:21 PM
he didn't advertise that it was the s2000 specific Type 3 wing made by voltex and the buyer did not ask whether it was or not.

The wing was advertised as a Voltex Type 3 including the trunk which Nichigo explained and showed it mounted on his car.
That called being deceptive

Who does thistype of stuff?

I hope for your sake you never try that with anyone. Some of us are pretty brazen when it comes to these types of dealings!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob: Thank you for you're support on this.

Guys, I know it was a long read, but the wing simply Does not fit

Rob, I remember you mentioned you found cracks in the lower trunk mounts. I'm assuming this occurred due to the fact that the brackets need to be twisted in- order to make contact with the wing.

Cracks = Stress from ill-fitment = NOT GOOD
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM

true. the wing is for a 350z. not an s.. GL bro
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NFRAP1' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:18 PM
So, he was going to refund you and resell it and now he's not willing to refund you?
Correct.

Quick Reply: RIPOFF Report: Nichigo