Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Choice of Home Page Articles.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Choice of Home Page Articles.

There are currently close to 150 posts on this subject in S2000 Talk (Here's the Thread) and over 146 votes toward a recent home page article. The article in question is the Evo vs. the S2000 showing on the Home Page of S2Ki right now:

[QUOTE=S2Ki Home Page]

Why the S2000 is better than an Evo

Written by Drew Gross

There seems to be much confusion on this subject, so we at S2ki, as a public service, would like to clear up this not-so-puzzling mystery once and for all.....All the above said, how does the Evo compare to Honda
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

An article people read is bad how exactly?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as they learn that then != than, maybe their opinion would be worth something. Then again, maybe not.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't you mean, Than again, maybe not?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 PM

this post may be ok just as an opinion, but its clearly a strong one, and IMO shouldn't be on the front page, as a former evo owner, i can vouch for that car... its much more than a "souped up corolla" but i traded it in for the s2k, and i'm happy now, i wish i could have both cars, they are both amazing autos, but the fact of the matter is this small talk article is ruining s2ki's image, people are immediately looking at s2k owners as "full of themselves" or inconsiderate and misinformed.... bottom line... it should be taken off the front page...but i'm sick of hearing about this too... so i'm done... everyone just be glad they have a nice car!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only thing is that the article is on the front page of this site, and the fact that it's still there implies that the leaders of this community agree to its harsh bs-filled contents, thus allowing it to represent the voice of the entire community.

I know many members here dont agree with the article, but that's besides the point. The point is that having an article filled with incorrect information, name calling, and just downright bashing on one of the great cars on the road on the front page of a well respected community will only discredit all that the s2k community is.

I own neither the s2k or the Evo, so i'm coming purely from a enthusiast's point of view.

I mean, how would you guys react if an article filled with incorrect information and name callings was made on another car forum's front page, bashing the s2000?

It's all relative, and I wish the leaders here could understand. A few s2ki members signed up on the Evo forum just to apologize on behalf of this ridiculous article, clarifying that the article is not the representation of the entire community. However, some members signed up on the Evo forum just to use the article as fuel to start massive flame wars. There are of course also Evo members coming here to build the flame, but the point is everything was started from the article on your front page.

It IS just an article, but you can't deny the effect it's having on all car enthusiasts. As aforementioned, it's natural for evo owners to want to voice out and defend their cars when it's attacked (especially on the front page of s2ki). You guys would also do the same if today the sides were flipped.

Both the s2k and the Evo are awesome cars for what they were made for. My bro owns an ap1 which I helped to attain and drive extensively, and I myself am about to get an Evo9, this way we get both of the most potent performance cars in the 30k price range. The intentions necessary for someone to make an article like that and display it on www.s2ki.com are obviously to fuel a flame war, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm done. Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it out of my system. I just wish the Evo and s2k community could live in harmony, because it seriously isn't supposed to be difficult at all.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are welcome to have an opinion but as Guests I'm not required to actually listen to it. I think the article is well written and an entertaining read and my concern for whether Evo fanbois might be annoyed by what it says is hovering right about 0.

In case it escaped anyone this is an S2000 enthusiast website.