Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

email notification of PM's

Old 09-17-2005, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing from this site in the spam box and no email from you.
however email from opther accounts I have go through, including a non aol. account
Old 09-17-2005, 09:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It must be seeing S2Ki as spam.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:46 AM

it's not seeing it at all. i checked the spam files, and the settings.

can someone reset my account on s2ki please

thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 12:02 PM

I have successfully sent email to that address from both my aol accounts, and my business account. The only mail that is not comming through is from s2ki. I have checked my spam filters and spam box, there are no blocks and there is nothing in the spam area. The problem appears to be from s2ki. the problem appeared only after my membership renewal.

A little help please. I don't know what else to do

thanks

Mitch
Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

OK so my mail didn't get through. The email comes from s2ki.com Your ISP is probably seeing it as spam, not any local settings. Whaich ISP is this mail account?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Sep 19 2005, 04:27 AM
OK so my mail didn't get through. The email comes from s2ki.com Your ISP is probably seeing it as spam, not any local settings. Whaich ISP is this mail account?
Please read up you already asked this question, and i have responded. i have checked the spam settings, I have nothing in the spam area. this issue only came about after I renewed my membership. Please reset my email settings or reset my account, as long as my profile, and avatar are kept in tact.

thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Hello???????????????

anybody ??????????

a little help please
Old 09-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It wouldn't hurt to send an email to cthree or the site "support" as it says at the top of this page. He may be too busy to scan this forum.
And it may not be a matter of this site "resetting" anything. It may be something you have to do like logging out, deleting cookies and stuff like that.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reset your account how exactly? Send me an email support @ s2ki.com if you haven't already and I will try to track down the issue. Emails to your account are getting blocked somehow, AOL is maybe blocking them but this is going to require some reseach to figure out why.

There is nothing I can do to your account other than change the email address that will make any bit of difference. There are only four possibilities I can think of:

1. Your email account info is invalid or incorrect and the mail is being rejected by AOL
2. AOL has blocked email from s2ki because it thinks we are spammers (or because they have blacklisted the IP address block we use; we share the block with others)
3. Our mailserver is broken and it's not even try to send it.
4. Operator error

You've checked 1 and 3 has been tested and working so that leaves #2 as the most likely candidate but as of yet I haven't had any other report of problems with other AOL customers it could also be #4.

If you already sent a message to support@s2ki.com did you get a receipt? You should be a response saying we received your email and you might get a response if we feel like sending one.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did some research into this issue and it turns out the problem is #2.

A couple of weeks ago they changed some requirements for mail exchange and they are now rejecting email sent from s2ki.com. It's something I can fix but it might take a few days for it to take. I've already tried to get ahold of Rylan to get our IP to make the necessary changes to the DNS records for our IP addresses.

Thanks for being persistent. I wouldn't have put the pieces together unless this was escalated. I don't typically spend 2 hours searching and decoding log files every time someone says they didn't get an email.

Look for a fix soon I hope.

Quick Reply: email notification of PM's