Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

How does the reputation system work?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my CO status taken away after I neg-repped peoples posts because i didnt agree with them. Woot!!!

Now I have to pay for a membership to get my repping abilities back. You will see my $20 or whatever it is, soon admins.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool beans chief,

so if i complain in the future do i automatically go +25 as well?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
Read post above: We don't care about your reputation or how you got it. That was then, this is now.

Please return this heartbreaking tale of a man and his dog back to the local forum you stole it from
I would neg rep you if I could.

Your post depicts your professionalism, we are simply asking for help, since you refuse to give us a proper answer.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read post above: We don't care about your reputation or how you got it. That was then, this is now.

Please return this heartbreaking tale of a man and his dog back to the local forum you stole it from
Seems like you don't really care about the forums are set up?? If it wasn't clear what those other 2 were saying, our local forum (Vancouver) doesn't have an active admin (there is one, but he doesn't visit visit the forums often anymore) since you revoked our VERY active admin for a reason regarding the rep system, that you said yourself you "don't care about".
We are just asking kindly that you could give it back to him (despite maybe a couple people having personal issues) or someone else (though no one is really as active, familiar, or well-known within the forums as him) so that we could get our forums organized again. After 2 weeks it's already a bit of a mess with threads being out of place and such.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:55 PM

Proves my point. The second we as admins/mods/whatever become involved in making everyone play nice it only makes it worse.

My official position is this:

Your reputation is your own problem.
It is determined by the members not the admins or moderators.
-Weird, mine was deleted and others gained rep over night
We don't care if it is a true reflection of your like-ability or not.
-then why change things if people bitch?
If someone conspired to trash it then you have our deepest sympathies.
- again, why if people bitch you jump to change things
We will not change your reputation score and we will not tell you how you got it.
-but you have, and it is obvious. our local forum would be happy if the "admins" could simply explain all the changes that you made. instead of leaving us in the dark
Old 04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kenny_son,

Do not ask to have your pants pulled down in public by claiming your -suspension- as CO of that forum had anything to do with the rep system and nothing to do with complaints by several members of intentional harassment and bullying both on the forums and outside of them. Do not ask me to explain that your CO status was suspended because you failed to respond to these complaints and offer any explanation until after your CO status was revoked and your explanation was "I dunno, I quit anyway."

I will not receive any more "e-bullying" complaints, I mean FFS this isn't high school, grow up. You were supposed to be a leader and facilitator and you used the trust and privilege to harass people in your community you didn't like, deleting threads, vandalizing accounts, threatening via SMS, picking on people to make them feel unwelcome. Those are the charges against you, charges I gave you an opportunity to solve quietly and discretely in a rational "it was just a misunderstanding" way but that you blow off and ignored.

If you want me to feel bad about pulling the plug on your empire forget it. It has nothing to do with a reputation system and everything to do with stupid, childish behaviour, way out of line for any person of responsibility on this site or in this community. Until you take these complaints as seriously as we do and sort out whatever issues you've got with these people as an adult nothing will change, rep system or not.

That is what that is about, not reping posts.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 137 Posts

Wow, that's messed up!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:24 PM

kenny_son,

Do not ask to have your pants pulled down in public by claiming your -suspension- as CO of that forum had anything to do with the rep system and nothing to do with complaints by several members of intentional harassment and bullying both on the forums and outside of them. Do not ask me to explain that your CO status was suspended because you failed to respond to these complaints and offer any explanation until after your CO status was revoked and your explanation was "I dunno, I quit anyway."

I will not receive any more "e-bullying" complaints, I mean FFS this isn't high school, grow up. You were supposed to be a leader and facilitator and you used the trust and privilege to harass people in your community you didn't like, deleting threads, vandalizing accounts, threatening via SMS, picking on people to make them feel unwelcome. Those are the charges against you, charges I gave you an opportunity to solve quietly and discretely in a rational "it was just a misunderstanding" way but that you blow off and ignored.

If you want me to feel bad about pulling the plug on your empire forget it. It has nothing to do with a reputation system and everything to do with stupid, childish behaviour, way out of line for any person of responsibility on this site or in this community. Until you take these complaints as seriously as we do and sort out whatever issues you've got with these people as an adult nothing will change, rep system or not.

That is what that is about, not reping posts.

u mad?

regardless why dont you just suspend all our CO's and let us vote on new ones.

you have left us with one that rarely posts and has very little involvement, and another that has made threats through pm's to other members all about his rep that he took personally .
Old 04-13-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

kenny_son,

Deleting threads?
I delete threads when ppl ask me to delete them for them.
I deleted a couple posts that were in my own thread because i found them useless/pointless and utter garbage that was cluttering up my thread.
I think the guy just got butthurt cause it affected his Posts per day..boohoo

Vandalizing accounts?
how?? I dont even know how?

Threatening via SMS?
I was the one recieving threats.

This guy just tried to find every little thing to use against me cause i neg-repped his dumb posts.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM

lol, who knew reps were such serious bidness?

Quick Reply: How does the reputation system work?